For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

S3TC Updates

URP - the Unreal Retexturing Project: for those who are interested in High-Resolution Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament or may want to take part in creating them

Moderator: ahaigh01

deathstalker666
OldUnreal Member

S3TC Updates

Post by deathstalker666 »

Just curious if there have been any recent updates (like in the last month or so). I remember reading a post over a year ago saying that updates would be displayed in a box on the main page, yet it still hasn't been added and I was just wondering if the author never got around to it.
ABCDEFGHOWPALAI... oh wait, there was a x in there somewhere. Can I start over officer?
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Re: S3TC Updates

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Hi,

No there have not been any updates lately. I still am having great problems concentrating. I do take photos wherever i can for bases for the textures but thats about it.

But in the last update (Sep 22nd, 2011) i forgot to add Mine to the updates, and this goes for Unreal and Unreal Tournament. If you downloaded the update backthan then you should download Mine.utx

I can only hope i am able to get working on the packages as soon as posible.
deathstalker666
OldUnreal Member

Post by deathstalker666 »

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had the best luck recently with the project. Yeah, everything I downloaded was in 2012 so I am up to date. It's hard trying to figure out if you are still up to date a while after you downloaded it, thus why I had the question.

Also, hopefully the textures will be complete eventually (it's more than halfway there). Are you planning on fixing up enemies and items, or is this only brush textures (Brutes up close are blurry while everything else looks good, such an odd contrast).

Good luck getting back to work on the project. Take your time, it's pretty good how it is (for half done I don't really notice any brushes that aren't updated, so that shows how little it is noticeable).
ABCDEFGHOWPALAI... oh wait, there was a x in there somewhere. Can I start over officer?
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

DieHard, I just joined a few days ago, but I am a long, long time out there, benefiting from your selfless work in preserving something that clearly means a lot to many. Everyone says thanks mate, and I am another. You and the other contributors (all that  I am not listing because I'm a bit stupid, sorry) have honestly kept the adventure alive.

I fire up Unreal now and am in awe again or how faithfully the reworking was; really amazing, like a new game in many ways.

While I don't know the details of your health status, following it over the long view has shown it to be a major setback in your life, so I hope the recovery is swift and complete.

I will pry a bit of cash out of my wife's strong grips and try help; not near what I would like to give back, but I'll do what I can.

Big thanks again~!
Last edited by Carbon on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Sorry for the very late post, as usual i got very ill again but now i am a bit better. I wanted to post on sunday but i got a horrific headache(again) and monday i simply had to do alot of catch up work to do.

So it Tuesday now and i am relative ok, good enough to post.

To Carbon i just hope that you like the textures and enjoy the game, thats all i wanted for everybody, which why i make the textures. And i will do so for the next years to come, and hopefully i am able to complete the textures.

I am not sure if you were the one that donated money to me, and in that case i wish to thank you as every bit helps. It's highly appreciated :) In the case it was someone else than that goes for him/her as well. I will write a mail back to the sender to make sure he gets my thanks.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

This project and the HD Weapons mod, make Unreal look... well Unreal is the only word I can use.
The Dynamic Footsteps mod is a perfect companion to this, if you are not aware of it.

They are all first in my list of recommended addons.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/unreal
David_OSU
OldUnreal Member

Post by David_OSU »

Sorry for the very late post, as usual i got very ill again but now i am a bit better. .
DieHard, I've been away from Unreal for a couple of years now, but just reloaded my old UT install on my latest PC.  I went online to see if there have been any texture updates, and was happy to see that you are still around and still working on them.  Unfortunately, you are still dealing with health issues which is sad to hear.

Looks like you've updated many of your textures since I last checked, so I redownloaded the High End set last night and tried it out.  The texture set has really come along the last couple of years.  Especially Mine.utx -- all the wall signs are hi-res now.  Nice job on the updates since 2008 (I think).  Now I just have to find time to play through the original Unreal game again. 
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

@David
I can recommend playing Fragnbrag's EpicTown from the UT99.org Xmas competition.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/2012-xmas-mapping-contest
It uses a lot of standard textures, so combined with the sheer scale of it, you will be very happy.
It's a big place, so you may want to put swarm zombies or monsters in the mix.

Have you discovered the Nali Weapons 3 Pack yet ?
You need the Hi-res textures, just so the new weapons don't make the map look dated and crap! ;D
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/nali-weapons-3
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Does anyone get a sign of life from DieHard lately?

His absence here (last online 11. Mar 2015 at 07:49) together with a long history of unspecified health issues worry me a bit.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Lightning_Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lightning_Hunter »

I was wondering about this as well. It is concerning that he hasn't even logged on since March. :(
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I'm concerned too....especially since he hasn't renewed the quota and I just had to delete 50 MB pack from my space on unrealtexture to free up space for my own developement stuff....

Hyper, you're in .nl, why not try calling him? If you have his phone that is...but I do have it noted down somewhere if you want it.
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I don't call for personal reasons. But apparently I'm not the only one who concerns this. I dropped him a mail on the e-mail addresses I have.
Last edited by Hyper on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

For anyone who is interested: I was able to get a reply from DieHard. He has had serious health issues for which he has been hospitalized. He is still in the process of rehabilitation. For privacy reasons I won't mention details here, DieHard may or may not do this himself to his own discretion.

Lightning_Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lightning_Hunter »

For anyone who is interested: I was able to get a reply from DieHard. He has had serious health issues for which he has been hospitalized. He is still in the process of rehabilitation. For privacy reasons I won't mention details here, DieHard may or may not do this himself to his own discretion.
Well, I'm glad someone at least was able to get a response from him! Let him know we are all thinking of him.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Yeah. Should let him know we're all thinking about him. Also let him know that he's got some help in retexturing for monsters which I'm sure he might find comforting :)

Return to “High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament”