For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

ahaigh's S3TC download page

URP - the Unreal Retexturing Project: for those who are interested in High-Resolution Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament or may want to take part in creating them

Moderator: ahaigh01

Lightning_Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Re: ahaigh's S3TC download page

Post by Lightning_Hunter »

Well, I remembered that UnrealED2 can import bmp files after all.  You just have to have it display "all files" (or rename the .bmp to .pcx to trick the editor).  It also successfully imports 24-bit bmp files, which I never knew it could do.

However, I'm having trouble with the masked properties.  Whenever I import Jtree51 for example, the tree in the game has the black masking bug (you can see the black parts of the texture).  I tried importing the texture with "masked" both on and off, but neither worked.

Casey, how did you import these textures before?
Last edited by Lightning_Hunter on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

DXT1 can't mask properly. Though I've had strange instances of it masking only RGB 000 in the image, I think that may be a hack of UTGLR in the works though.

The DXT1 format traditionally speaking only supports a 1-bit alpha mask. But I don't know how to save a file with 1-bit alpha.
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I imported them using a custom C++ inline replacement tool that doesn't modify import/export table & guid

It's not something released, and as mentioned, last I remember UT crashes using the method that works for u1
sn260591
OldUnreal Member

Post by sn260591 »

For import of dds textures to unreal and ut99 it is possible to use the ut2004 editor. In addition, for the ut99 editor need set WindowedRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice (in UnrealTournament.ini) and Device=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice (in UnrealEd.ini), otherwise it will crash when you open the package.
Lightning_Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Does the 227 patch come with a modified UnrealShare.u?  I ask this, because if I am using the modified UnrealShare.u that has high-res skins, it will be outdated when there is a new release of 227...
Last edited by Lightning_Hunter on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

It doesn't.

It is, however, trivial for me to make a new package for 227j. My merger already works, and will be easy to rebuild & merge for 227. It's just not working on UT.
Lightning_Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Will 227j come with a new UnrealShare.u then, or are you just saying it's easy in case it does?

I also created a few of my own skins that I was going to import in to the 227 UnrealShare.
unreality
OldUnreal Member

Post by unreality »

http://www.klankaos.com/UnrealShareExtremeEnd.7z

227h version only

has all UnrealShare modifications in the OP
this file did have a version with HD gina skin, I remember playing with HD gina
Last edited by unreality on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

can you make a new one for j ? i noticed due to some changes in unrealshare, it's no longer working
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I don't have 227j public headers but I can try with 227is

which build do you want it for?
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

I wanted it for newer J builds due to the recent major changes in unrealshare breaking it.
If you can do it for latest J28+ that would be great ( i know we are currently at 30 , havnt installed it yet) ,
Otherwise no real reason to build it for older builds of I , ( i think it generally worked with them anyway)
it actually worked with J builds i think up to a certain point too, but no longer.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

It's crappity smacked. Looks like I need 227j public headers. I even linked to 227j .libs that I had generated (usually works) but seems there's alignment issues now.
Last edited by []KAOS[]Casey on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Ok I gave smirf the source and it will be built into 227j_31 as a .dll so next release I can make this (or anyone with j_31)

Return to “High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament”