For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

retexturing project did it get canceled?

URP - the Unreal Retexturing Project: for those who are interested in High-Resolution Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament or may want to take part in creating them

Moderator: ahaigh01

unreality
OldUnreal Member

retexturing project did it get canceled?

Post by unreality »

are you planning to project continue sorry my english :-[
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Re: retexturing project did it get canceled?

Post by DieHard SCWS »

No, i did not cancel it.

But i have to admit that things have become incredibly complicated due to my illnesses. It is difficult to work on my computer and the concentration(lack off) makes it nearly impossible to work on the project.

But i do not give up the hope that i will able to continue the project, it is always on my mind. For now the sites needs to be renewed for the next 5 years and this will be done in the coming months(waiting till the Euro is as high as possible). So the files should be safe till 2019-20.

And the rest, i need to learn again to work daily on the computer again. So not all is lost yet and hopefully i can work on the project again.
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Re: retexturing project did it get canceled?

Post by Carbon »

Diehard, I just have to tell you how much I appreciate the work you have done to date. It is nothing short of amazing how the textures have kept the game looking relevant, even in the face of modern gaming. Between your and Smirftsch's work, Unreal is even more Unreal.

Big hats off to you mate and I truly hope your health gets better.

Return to “High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament”