For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

URP texture pack

URP - the Unreal Retexturing Project: for those who are interested in High-Resolution Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament or may want to take part in creating them

Moderator: ahaigh01

BloodyNobody
OldUnreal Member

URP texture pack

Post by BloodyNobody »

How do I install the URP texture package? (UnrealArt_URP.utx, UTArt_URP.utx, Xmas_A_URP.utx)

I followed the installation guide [url=http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Website/Techpages/S3TCInstallation/UnrealGold/S3TCUnrealGold.htm]here[/url], installed the 227 patch from [url=http://www.oldunreal.com/oldunrealpatches.html]here[/url] (as opposed to using the linked OMP-UGOLD-V0.2.exe), and successfully copied the high res textures (from Unreal_S3TC_HighEnd_Texture_Package_01.zip - Unreal_S3TC_HighEnd_Texture_Package_05.zip) to the textures/ directory in the Unreal Gold installation directory and received...high res textures.

Thing is, I copied UnrealArt_URP.utx, UTArt_URP.utx, Xmas_A_URP.utx into the textures directory as well and it doesn't look like I'm getting high res boxes and so forth. Did I install correctly?
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: URP texture pack

Post by BobIsUnreal »

Tho mabye unrelated , you said hires boxes , so you might be looking for this pack as wel
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299044420/11#11
BloodyNobody
OldUnreal Member

Post by BloodyNobody »

Those are extreme end textures. I only want high end.

Anyway, the master textures look great. But, is there something wrong with the crate sizes or is there a secret to jumping higher that I don't know about?

These are from Depths of Rrajigar

[img][/img]

unreachable by jumping

[img][/img]

view from a wooden crate on slightly raised platform

[img][/img]

the top can't be reached by jumping
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

[img][/img]

shoot the small box that next to the superhealth onto the medium steelbox using the automag or dp , climb onto the medium box , then the small box and u will be high enought to reach it.

[img][/img]

this is a trick , you have already screwed it by breaking the  woodenbox(s)
. there is a wooden medium box around the corner by the pillar , push that  up to the the solid box you cant reach , then use it as a step to jump on. also using the small box you already destroyed to jump up there.

[img][/img]

if you are very very carful , you can even stack both those woodenboxes on each other once your done ad get on top of some other stuff..
[img][/img]
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BloodyNobody
OldUnreal Member

Post by BloodyNobody »

Thank you
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Thing is, I copied UnrealArt_URP.utx, UTArt_URP.utx, Xmas_A_URP.utx into the textures directory as well and it doesn't look like I'm getting high res boxes and so forth. Did I install correctly?

Yes you did it correct, but those packages are part of DmTheXmasDeck and any other map that uses the packages. I thought i had released the map but for some reason the map is not on the site so i have to look at that.

The texture packages are part of a larger collection that will be released future wise. In that respect they are a must have but right now they have limited use.

DmTheXmasDeck i have to have a look at that in the comming week. And Xmas is closing in so i better have look at it why its not online.
BloodyNobody
OldUnreal Member

Post by BloodyNobody »

alright

thanks for the info
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

How is this coming along?
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Very ill again, so i can't concentrate on them at all, the Unreal part is done i only have to check it, but the UT part is for the moment on hold. Apart from that the re-release will only happen if the HelpFiles are complete.

And that will also take some time, but i am still trying to re-release the end January 2013.

Edit:
I forgot to add the link to the map:
[url]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Downloads/Maps/Theme/XMasMaps/DmTheXmasDeck.zip
[/url]

But be aware that the map file and two of the texture packs will be re-released under the same name. But you can have a look at the map in high res :)
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldsparky
OldUnreal Member

Post by Oldsparky »

Sorry to hear your ill again. Anything I can do to help you please ask.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Thanks,

But as it is i am 75% from the time ill, and the other 20% its only so, so at best, that leaves 5% to work. And i am beyond repair.

But thank its appreciated :)
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Forgot to mention, the map comes with low resolution textures, you should not use them to override your high resolution textures you already installed.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

[split] [link=http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1356719477/0#1][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Hope i get it right..........
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament”