For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Several things about Unreal II

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
KeeperUTX
OldUnreal Member

Several things about Unreal II

Post by KeeperUTX »

1. Most Obnoxious monster

I've endured waves of annoying Fallen Ones in Diablo II.
I've been annoyed by scavengers in Gothic...

But THIS thing..
It's so freakingly annoying that I'd rather never see it again:

The common Izarian Grunt

They laugh like hyienas and were very hard to hit since the move so fast. I was used to the skaarj being stupendously annoying, but in U2 the are now a larger threat.

Izarians are simply the most annoying and ugly suckers i ever fought in ANY game.

2.Amazing Weapons

I must say that the weapons of Unreal II are one of the best selections ever.The new C.A.R. aka M32 Duster Combat Assault rifle is quite handy in tight situations, and the Drakk Laser Rifle was a real ass kicker.

My favorite of them was the Spider Gun; in fact it was so good I'd like to have for UT99 and UT2004 :D

3.The Unfortunate shortness of it

Since i beat U2 in two days time (no joke) i give it 6/10 for the maps..

All in all- 7/10
Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Several things about Unreal II

Post by Hellkeeper »

1 point for actually running, a second point for overal look. The story is dumb and predictable, the fighting is awful and devoid of any punch, there is no atmosphere whatsoever, I feel like I played this game a million times before even finishing it, it is way too short, characters are blank slates. If a game has no interesting feature, is not fun and can be finished the same day it's started, there is no reason to give it a mark above 5. I can pretty much launch the game in the morning and finish it before supper. I give Unreal 2 a shining 2/10.

PS : fôk the Izarians.
Last edited by Hellkeeper on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must construct additional pylons.
Dark Wolf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dark Wolf »

I hate to say it but I played probably eighty times and enjoyed it. Yeah it was definitely not a continuation of the story and let's face it, seems like few can come up with a good story anymore =/

I was hoping unreal II awakening would be a continuation of the story but no it was not. Yes that did disappoint me greatly on that front but for me well I just can't stay mad about it.

Id have to give it a 5 out of ten cause it did entertain me and weapons/levels were good but not great plus the crashing at load was annoying.
I am the Alpha wolf the beast that slays the skaarj menace.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Stop unearthing 7 years old topics.
You must construct additional pylons.

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”