For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

unreal 3?

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: unreal 3?

Post by Hyper »

The Unreal franchise is almost dead now. Today everyone plays military-style multiplayer shooters, MMORPGS or GTA. Pure single player games as well as host-your-own DM or Cooperative servers are not in the meta right now. And I doubt if this will change anytime soon.
Last edited by Hyper on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

I really wanted to argue with you Hyper but I think you pretty much nailed the bitter truth. It's over and it's never coming back. Unless it can be released as an app, it will be a niche product with increasingly limited userbase.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

We'll be playing sarcastaball soon. :P

I agree, but the latest single player Doom did well as opposed to the MP, which was encouraging regarding SP experiences. not sure if there's much room for more though.

Gotta wonder how the new UT might fare in the current gaming environment.
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Skywolf »

Games like Unreal in terms of mod support are rare aswell. Not only are new games way more detailed so making maps of expected quality would take forever but you now also can just play around in engines like Unity unlike back in Unreal's days where this was the closest you could get to thinkering around in an engine without paying for it.
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”