For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Is possible to export model from rainbow six 3 to SWAT 4?

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
magic.cong

Is possible to export model from rainbow six 3 to SWAT 4?

Post by magic.cong »

Hello, Beautiful people!

I want to know if is possible to export gun model from Rainbow Six 3 to SWAT 4, since both game are made by unreal 2!

Thanks you all!
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Is possible to export model from rainbow six 3 to SWAT 4?

Post by BobIsUnreal »

if its possible you need umodel , unpsa and milkshape
export the model and textures from rainbow six using umodel or umodel gui.
open your psx / uxs / whatever from animations folder of rainbow 6 . export the mesh and required textures.

import the psk in milkshape and export it again as psk.
run unpsa and open your psa and your fixed psk, and select all animations and add them to the file , export ucc and export the modified psa. use swats ucc / unrealed to build the .uc and import the model.
magic.cong

Post by magic.cong »

if its possible you need umodel , unpsa and milkshape
export the model and textures from rainbow six using umodel or umodel gui.
open your psx / uxs / whatever from animations folder of rainbow 6 . export the mesh and required textures.

import  the psk in milkshape and export it again as psk.
run unpsa and open your psa and your fixed psk, and select all animations and add them to the file , export ucc and export the modified psa. use swats ucc / unrealed to build the .uc and import the model.
WOW! Thank you very much for your fast and kind explanation! It really helped me a lot!

But, I didn't got the last part, you said "import the model."

Can you tell me what you mean by "import the model"?

You mean I can add new things or export things to/from already done U file?

lol Sorry for those questions, I am newba in level edition.

BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

you can add or edit existing yes , but for what you are doing it would be easier to build a separate file.
you'll need this https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4qi658ykfgpd ... v0.40b.zip
also this will only provide you the animated model.  you  also have to export the 3rd and 1st person pickup models from the static mesh packages  that gets harder , as you need to export the pskx to a format ue2 can import( not hard) and you will need to write or mangle existing uscript to make the model functional.

i shall go try and  acqiure r6 to take a look and take a peek in therey it should work but emmm meh idk for sure.

edit:
which gun are you looking at importing?
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
magic.cong

Post by magic.cong »

I was trying to make some kind of fusion between 2 mods of SWAT 4 (H.S.M.E v3.0 and SAS v1.1).

I like suspect's AI of H.S.M.E v3.0, but I want to play the mod with new guns from SAS v1.1, so, I started to look for ways to do this: Migrate the gun of a mod to another.

One day, I discovered that maybe I could import all kinds of weapons of other games since they are made by UNREAL 2, so I made this post.

But,  :'( until now I still don't know how can I import guns from a mod to another mod (same game, Swat 4).

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”