For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Special Special Editon

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Special Special Editon

Post by Carbon »

Hey guys. Spamming the boards with my latest find. Korean release only...

:)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Deomophobe/SAM_1192_resize.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Deomophobe/SAM_1181_resize.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Deomophobe/SAM_1183_resize.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Deomophobe/SAM_1184_resize.jpg[/img]

The UT2K4 is the demo on a disk.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Special Special Editon

Post by Smirftsch »

cool one.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Sly.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sly. »

So shiny... and reminds a bit of the original Unreal cardboard packaging I have on my shelf next to the UT one (bummer its letters are not silver shiny and highlighted like on the Unreal packaging). It would look great next to those... Does the title really shine in rainbow colours or is this a really nasty photoshop/edit/weird picture compression/odd angle/reflection of something with rainbow colours? :o
Korean release only... the game should have been sold in all countries as special edition with such a packaging. Want... :(
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

This must have been a late release, judging by the UT2004 announcement.
You must construct additional pylons.
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

Yep...shiny, psychedelic letters! I particularly like the Skaarj eyes in a subtle relief on the box.

Released on Dec 18, 2003.

I can maybe get more copies (not sure if or how many) and can ship them for the cost of the game and shipping if anyone is interested. I won't skin ya like I may do on Ebay... :P
Last edited by Carbon on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Skywolf »

So..... What is special about this version aside from the fancy packaging and a UT2004 announcement? Because you could add as much sparky stuff as you want, it stays a sucky game.
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

So..... What is special about this version aside from the fancy packaging and a UT2004 announcement? Because you could add as much sparky stuff as you want, it stays a sucky game.
Do you really think I am pumped about a mediocre game I have owned since 2003? No mate...it's the packaging that is cool. I guess the mind of a collector truly escapes some folks. ;D
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Damn, I so want this one :D *DROOL*
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Skywolf »

Do you really think I am pumped about a mediocre game I have owned since 2003? No mate...it's the packaging that is cool. I guess the mind of a collector truly escapes some folks. ;D
Well, when I would have this thing standing near my computer screen the whole time it would feel like the game is constantly screaming at me saying: "I SUCK, I know I have fancy packaging but I SUCK".

Everytime I would see the box it would feel like the whole disappointment all over again. Looks promising from the outside but ones you explore the inside......

But I am probably just pissed that Unreal never got this nice of a box since it deserves it way more. All we got was this:
[img]http://drugstorenews.com/sites/drugstorenews.com/files/UNREAL_new_packaging1.jpg[/img]
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).
KeeperUTX
OldUnreal Member

Post by KeeperUTX »

Cool box. Funny how the box is better than the actual game...
Not that I'm saying U2 sucks. It's just that it has a whack-ass storyline to me. Actual gameplay was pretty cool, but once I got a look at the bigger picture... only weapons and tense moments along with the bosses were awesome, the ending was off.

I'd rather just use GreatEmerald's theory: an alternate universe for the hole thing. Makes much more sense, don't you think?
Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Not that I'm saying U2 sucks.
Well you could and nobody would be angry you know, since it does.
Sly.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sly. »

Hmm... I wonder if all threads in the Unreal II forum (or at least more than 90% of them) contain "sucks" in relation to the game. A statistic about this would be quite interesting.
Seems like I have to use the forum search with keyword suck to find out. :D

PS: That cover still owns.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

There are not many topics in this subforum, you could check by hand and it wouldn't take more than a few minutes.
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

PS: That cover still owns.
Doesn't it thought? Seriously, it is one of the most badass looking big boxes I own.

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”