For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Temple of Time

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Temple of Time

Post by luke11685 »

Today(I hope it's still allowed)I want to show you imported Temple of Time from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time in UE1.

I decided to show you in this section because I wasn't sure where should I show you this JJ3D custom map. I hope this thread won't be deleted.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Temple of Time

Post by makemeunreal »

That is pretty cool!

I hope you're gonna share with us too!
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Wow, glad to see you finally managed too

watches the video

Nevermind, it's the bugged out of the ass raw export you showed earlier which is a single giant HM with flickering polygons. :s Not much progress it seems.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

So how to fix it?
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

I don't even know what's going on in that map, but it looks like the entire geometry isn't valid or doesn't work as CSG.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Kajgue wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:22 pm I don't even know what's going on in that map, but it looks like the entire geometry isn't valid or doesn't work as CSG.
CSG? What is it? Please expain me what does it even mean dude?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Kajgue wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:22 pm I don't even know what's going on in that map, but it looks like the entire geometry isn't valid or doesn't work as CSG.
It looks like you understand what's going on just fine. :)
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:50 pm
It looks like you understand what's going on just fine. :)
Let me guess CSG stands for Collission Speed or Standard Geometry? Something like that? Anyway I think I saw somewhere someone made a tutorial where all textures could be added in 1 second(speed of light not sound). I don't know which one was it. There were lots of tutorials. Do I know what this shortcut initialls word character letters now are?
By the way idea came from fanmade unofficial patch fix Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Plus made by Jazz2Online Forum/Server Community. There was Temple of Time level map made in 2D.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

CSG means constructive solid geometry, so the volumetricity of your brushes, so your subtractives, additives, nonsolids and semi-solids etc. When they are compiled, they are turned into BSP making your map playable.

The problem (i think...) is mainly that the CSG in your map doesn't work at all, it doesn't work cohesively like CSG is intended too.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Kajgue wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:58 pm CSG means constructive solid geometry, so the volumetricity of your brushes, so your subtractives, additives, nonsolids and semi-solids etc. When they are compiled, they are turned into BSP making your map playable.

The problem (i think...) is mainly that the CSG in your map doesn't work at all, it doesn't work cohesively like CSG is intended too.
Oh! Now I get it thanks.

Return to “Usermaps”