For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Modifying vanilla UT1999 maps

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
UnsureJedi

Modifying vanilla UT1999 maps

Post by UnsureJedi »

Hello. I have been modifying vanilla UT1999 maps to improve bot support for some time now and I would like to post them here. However I'm not sure if this is allowed from the copyright perspective. Also on a related note, if I have, say, all the Assault maps complete, should I release them as 1 topic per map or I can pack them all in a single topic?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Modifying vanilla UT1999 maps

Post by Hellkeeper »

You can release these maps, there is no issue, modified versions of existing maps have existed since the dawn of times.
As for posting the maps, it is your choice: you can make a single topic with several releases at once or you may choose to make a thread per map. If you have more than say 2 or 3, however, it will be tedious to post tons of topics at once. From a reader's perspective, it is also easier to browse a thread with a few maps and give feedbacks on all at once or on a selection than to make several different answers to the same person in different topics. :)
You must construct additional pylons.
UnsureJedi

Post by UnsureJedi »

Thanks. Well, yes, there are more than 3 :). I plan to pack them according to gametype (Assault/CTF/DM) and update topics as more maps are updated.
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

I have converted many UT maps to Unreal. Just make sure the original author is given credit and you can't go wrong.
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.

Return to “Usermaps”