For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Big, nonlinear, exploratory usermaps?

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
lanep

Big, nonlinear, exploratory usermaps?

Post by lanep »

I'm looking for more "sandboxy" maps, since those kind were my favorites from the original game.

Standalone maps are cool, as are maps in campaigns though I'd prefer if it wasn't just one big map tucked away in an otherwise linear campaign.

(Sorry if this is the wrong board.)

Thanks.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Big, nonlinear, exploratory usermaps?

Post by Hellkeeper »

What do you mean, something like Bluff? A big giant map with tons of stuff to do?
OneDay has this kind of feeling, I think, it's made of a few large maps with some fun to be had. And of course, Illhaven saga's first few maps in the occupied city.
You must construct additional pylons.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Heya,

Yeah I feel the same way honestly, good job there are some people working on a few things like that I hear. :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

Larger DM type maps (not SP style so play with bots) that I like, with lots of places to explore are (just to name a few):

DmGotliebsRetreat
DmEnterTheMatrix
DmUrbanAssault
DmZahltagSniper

I also suggest you try the Illhaven Saga. It's very well done, with a good story.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~

Return to “Usermaps”