For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Jj3d The Complete Unreal Ed 1 reference guide lesson 3

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Jj3d The Complete Unreal Ed 1 reference guide lesson 3

Post by luke11685 »

So I have three square-ish terrain boxes. Where and what am I suppose to do? If it's about to be related with NyLeve.unr second map from Unreal 1, but it's about mountain walls I guess,am I right? But should I add two rectangles and two squares of ground terrains or mountain terrains from JCanyon.unr?
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: Jj3d The Complete Unreal Ed 1 reference guide lesson 3

Post by Kajgue »

Hey Luke,

To be honest i think it depends what you want to do with it.

I also think that Ued 1, Ued 2, Ued2.1, Ued2.2 are actually suitably equipped well enough to create proper terrain/organic geometry with. It would be better to use a free tool like 'Blender' or another 3d modelling tool to create terrain geometry with.

https://www.blender.org

There are some plugins for Blender that are useful for this, like the .ase scene exporter plugin, which after exporting the .ase files, you are able to convert them to .t3d.

However, I'm not sure some of these useful plugins are compatible with version 2.8, but they are compatible with Blender version 2.79.

If you choose to go down this route, I'll try to offer you some help with Blender, since before making world geometry for an UEngine game in Blender, there are some things that you need to set up correctly first.

I hope my post was helpful!
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: Jj3d The Complete Unreal Ed 1 reference guide lesson 3

Post by luke11685 »

Well I'm usually using Blender especially when I'm importing character models.

Return to “Usermaps”