For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

One Day by Chris Burgess - HOTFIX RELEASE

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

One Day by Chris Burgess - HOTFIX RELEASE

Post by Victor Delacroix »

https://pixeldrain.com/u/Vz4Grh7y

Author: Chris Burgess
Hotfix details:
- maps renamed (generic filenames came into conflicts with existing custom AND stock packages)
- teleporters fixed to reflect the map filename changes.
Nothing more was touched.

225 required. 227 works fine as well.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: One Day by Chris Burgess - HOTFIX RELEASE

Post by Leo T_C_K »

hold on a moment why was this one necessary? there has been one day fix around for a while now, it was used in zora's servers and 3's etc...it was partially made by turboman btw around 2003/2004. avaiable for normal download too
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Dawn.unr conflicts with a mod using Dawn.u and the other filenames were too generic for their own good. For now I can't tell if Night for instance or Eve conflicts with anything because it isn't possible for me to obtain every single Unreal / UT mod/map/add-on, but the risks remain.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

yes but it was fixed in turboman's fix already. He named it dawn2.unr etc.

he also fixed the noon map by adding playerstart into it so it works in coop and is not dependant on the teleporter.

since you said you haven't touched anything else, this could make it inferior to the widely used fix by turboman

if you didn't know of existence of these things, its strange because I used to consider them essential. I suppose its one of those things you get to take for granted.

Return to “Usermaps”