For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[Snippet] Dumping UnNames.h

han
Global Moderator

[Snippet] Dumping UnNames.h

Post by han »

Just a pretty special case, but when you are building headers for a game, getting the UnNames.h right is more important then it seems. However, the hardcoded names table can easily be dumped once you have a bit of code running.

Code: Select all

void HanHan()
      {
            guard(HanHan);
            debugf( TEXT("------------ Dumping Hardcoded Names ------------------") );
            for ( INT i=0; iFlags & RF_Native) )
                  {
                        if ( Entry->Flags & RF_HighlightedName )
                              debugf( TEXT("REG_NAME_HIGH(%4i, %-17s)"), Entry->Index, Entry->Name );
                        else
                              debugf( TEXT("REGISTER_NAME(%4i, %-17s)"), Entry->Index, Entry->Name );
                  }
            }
            debugf( TEXT("------------ End of Hardcoded Names Dump ------------------") );
            unguard;
      }
And just to be a bit more complete, although it does not matter much:

Code: Select all

#define NAME_PROBEMIN ((EName)300) // Thats always the same id as REGISTER_NAME( 300, Spawned ) has.
#define NAME_PROBEMAX ((EName)364)
Last edited by han on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.

Return to “C++ Native Mods for UE1”