For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Exporting texture from .u file in UnrEd2.0

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
Psychomorph
OldUnreal Member

Exporting texture from .u file in UnrEd2.0

Post by Psychomorph »

I try to open a .u file (UT) and export the texture, but can't achieve that. Is there a way?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Exporting texture from .u file in UnrEd2.0

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

you should be able to use "ucc batchexport" to accomplish this. unrealwiki should havegood enough documentation
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Also pay attention to if its a texture or something else like a FireTexture/IceTexture. You can only export regular bitmaps, anything scripted can't be exported.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Psychomorph
OldUnreal Member

Post by Psychomorph »

Thanks for the input.

I figured it out, needed to add launch options to the UnrealED shortcut (to load Infiltration files).
Last edited by Psychomorph on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I was wondering were these weapons treated like models(I mean maybe not LFG2000,but Gizmo gun and one unused weapon that reminds me of Swingshot from Ratchet and Clank classic series than modern ones) or textures(inside old classic unreal 1 as its scripts)? Do you guys know how to extract some models(at least of jazz jackrabbit) from unreal engine/editor 1 because I want to make Sonic Rush characters mod,but I have no modding tools. Are there any modding software/tools for this game?
Last edited by luke11685 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcfarrel
OldUnreal Member

Post by mcfarrel »

volumetric objects present ingame are 3D mesh models. Not sure about capability of UEd of 227? versions but UnrealI/UT99 UEd/UEd were not able to export meshes directly.

Third party tools had to be taken into account to extract these. In my days those were UTPT and WOTGreal, but If I am mistaken note Gildor might have some tools capable to extract Meshes and Anims (for Skeletal animations) for nowadays usage.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

227 UEd can export them.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”