For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mesh Browser Controls

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
Deuxsonic
OldUnreal Member

Mesh Browser Controls

Post by Deuxsonic »

I'm wondering what the mesh browser controls are, as UnrealEd 2.0 with Unreal Tournament is not responding to any mouse button presses or wheel movement and doesn't seem to respond to frequently used keys. Did I misconfigure one of the INIs by mistake? I just wanted to view some things up close.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Mesh Browser Controls

Post by Hellkeeper »

The mesh browser is supposed to work with RMB + drag = rotate camera around mesh, LMB +drag = Zoom in and away from the mesh.
You must construct additional pylons.
mcfarrel
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mesh Browser Controls

Post by mcfarrel »

The Mesh Browser is just a preview window with limited controll capability as previously mentioned by Hellkeeper.

The point was to preview 3D (mesh) model and check the animations.

About the animation, I have encountered problem, where the animation were not workingcorrectly in the mesh browser, but has been working correctly ingame. (Skeletal animations using same generic animations for several skeletal meshes - import exec script linked - distributed along several unreal packages)

Second problematic part is the Mesh browser does show the MeshName property, but the object is placed using its ClassName. So most likely coder will be fidling with mesh browser to link missing properties and dependencies than mapper previewing an objects and its animation behaviour prior to placement in the map.

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”