For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mod - FireStorm

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mod - FireStorm

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

And still now?
William(Rainman)
OldUnreal Member

Post by William(Rainman) »

Hows it coming with the Mod?
Qtit
OldUnreal Member

Post by Qtit »

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like bumping a thread like that is pointless. Just wait for it. It comes when it comes. It's not like the pressure you're making on Turboman is going to make him work harder. I think it's just annoying.

Good thing is, that you give Turboman some feedback how much you're interested in the project. Yea, okay, might work, but constantly bumping and bumping... You're more less like a mover door which have stay open time set to 0 and when player opens it and stays in way the mover just bumps on, and on... and on... With that annoying squeaky sound... Meh, nevermind that.

Turboman, take your time to finish, polish the stuff there. We all want you to feel that this is the best you could do and not the fastest.
Cheers.
William(Rainman)
OldUnreal Member

I wasn't bumping the Thread if I wanted to Bump the Thread I would just type *BUMP* I was merely asking a Question.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Yea, that's more of a request for a status report, rather than a request to work faster. Turboman himself doesn't really post here any more, after all.
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William(Rainman)
OldUnreal Member

Yea, that's more of a request for a status report, rather than a request to work faster. Turboman himself doesn't really post here any more, after all.
That sucks, I was hoping to hear some News or maybe some Screenshots of his Latest work.
radios
OldUnreal Member

Post by radios »

That sucks, I was hoping to hear some News or maybe some Screenshots of his Latest work.

not in this topic, but he posted yesterday in another topic. http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=664740505D5F535C320
Last edited by radios on Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

So...is this the end for Firestorm?
Such a pity...
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I had a suspicion that a "oh noes firestorm" post would be coming up...

The answer, as always, is last I checked turbo is still working on it and it does exist in some form
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Unreal FireStorm: Coming Soon (2006)
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Coming sooner (2008).

But in some news, Turboman is seriously considering to just switching Firestorm platform to be 227 only, because he is so fed up with BSP holes and errors. So that being said, maps would get 50 % more detailed if he used StaticMeshes in them.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Still I consider it a wonderful project. I still hope I may play it one day. Or even add it to the map cycle of my custom map server if the map pack allows that.

スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

When I was still in contact with Leo_TCK, I did this experiment with him and Wheel of Time, and some complex geometry and zoning was able to be built properly with WOT's UnrealEd, and the resulting maps hacked over through a method I think Casey produced.

But of course that makes it really stupidly complex to produce maps at that point that'd still be compatible with atleast 224v.
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Coming sooner (2008).

But in some news, Turboman is seriously considering to just switching Firestorm platform to be 227 only, because he is so fed up with BSP holes and errors. So that being said, maps would get 50 % more detailed if he used StaticMeshes in them.
All things either 'unlit', small objects, movable/moving objects or shadow-casting/unseen objects are eligible to be static mesh'ed, things which are structural or architectural should avoid being converted to static mesh, as lightmaps are much better suited to those elements.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

lol build every thing with bsp - build lighting > tranform everything to mesh and never rebuild again.
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

lol build every thing with bsp - build lighting > tranform everything to mesh and never rebuild again.
And have tons of fun with the terrible slowdowns!
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

05/15/15

not quite a year since the last bump.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Is this project still active? It has been almost 10 years since I uploaded the first trailer to YouTube.

Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

Still a firm believer of "When it's done"
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I would like to request a beta dump release please, if only if it is just for safekeeping.

I have seen too many software and modding projects fail because the developer(s) moved on to other things or changed priorities. No problem there, that is life, but please make sure this work will not end up rotting on some forgotten harddrive, inaccessible to the public.

Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

A lot of old UT200x and UT3 projects have been put in github.
I think for many of these old Unreal dead projects it would be the best way to keep them available and have some chance of being completed.
OldUnreal Member

May have to suggest to Turboman if we could make like episodic release of this project. Since its like 30+ maps, could release it in smaller parts so it's lesser stressful to get them all polished for a final release to release them all at once.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
radios
OldUnreal Member

Post by radios »

I would like to request a beta dump release please, if only if it is just for safekeeping.

I have seen too many software and modding projects fail because the developer(s) moved on to other things or changed priorities. No problem there, that is life, but please make sure this work will not end up rotting on some forgotten harddrive, inaccessible to the public.
+1 you may notice that he's active on other topics, but just left this one!!..
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Any news on FireStorm? A beta release would be nice.

OldUnreal Member

I have tried to ask Turboman about it but I guess he's got other priorities right now.

I don't dared to do anything with this on my own since it's his project after all.
(ಠ_ಠ)

Return to “Unreal Projects”