For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mod - FireStorm

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mod - FireStorm

Post by Shivaxi »

Firestorm is compatible with all versions of Unreal including UT99 ;) 8-)
Image  Image
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by KillerSkaarj »

Ok, so it's now December (I know this post is late, stfu), so that means we can hopefully expect a release sometime in the next few weeks, correct?
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

We better do, I'm starting to get nervous...
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

At this point I'm not sure.  Turboman has been really busy lately and I've yet to get together with him on Skype and go over the bug list for the final maps yet.  Only time will tell now.
Last edited by Shivaxi on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  Image
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by KillerSkaarj »

At this point I'm not sure.  Turboman has been really busy lately and I've yet to get together with him on Skype and go over the bug list for the final maps yet.  Only time will tell now.
That's not good. For us, I mean. Couldn't you just email him and let him go over the list on his own time, or is this an absolute, 100%, real-time-discussion-only deal?

EDIT: And now that I think about it, even if you COULD email him, there's no way he can fix the bugs if he's busy.
Last edited by KillerSkaarj on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Well there's some bugs I can fix myself, and I'm willing to do so, but I need to be sure I have the latest versions of each map. But like I said, "some." There's some I can't fix which deal with coding, which I hope Casey has been notified about already, cause I do remember telling Turboman about them, in which he hopefully told Casey.

If not, I'll PM you about them Casey.

And yeah, there's some bugs that I really have to explain to Turboman cause there's some that are like you have to trigger certain events in a certain order that will like break a sequence or mover or something like that :P
Image  Image
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Deja Vu.
Pyro
OldUnreal Member

Post by Pyro »

OOOOOOMGG GIMME NHAAAOWWWWWWW

and i agree with Mental here.

EDIT: oh, and [img]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/llama.gif[/img].
Last edited by Pyro on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

You know what? F*ck it, it's no point talking to anyone of you (of you two especially) anyway.

Do you even know what Deja Vu means? I was pointing to simmilar a situation that happened, look how this thread is ruined. Turboman almost finished his firestorm years ago too, beacuse he was busy, although he has decided to expand his project instead. Now I guess the expanding won't happen again, so you just have to fcking wait until he releases it and stop being a bitch about it or something.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Dude calm down, it's just a mappack....sure it's an awesome one, but nothing to get all angry about. I just got a hold of Turboman earlier this week, and I'm sure we can get this pack out before xmas or new year....take a chill pill :P
Image  Image
Pyro
OldUnreal Member

Post by Pyro »

You know what? F*ck it, it's no point talking to anyone of you (of you two especially) anyway.

Do you even know what Deja Vu means? I was pointing to simmilar a situation that happened, look how this thread is ruined. Turboman almost finished his firestorm years ago too, beacuse he was busy, although he has decided to expand his project instead. Now I guess the expanding won't happen again, so you just have to fcking wait until he releases it and stop being a pregnant dog about it or something.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
[img]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/llama.gif[/img]

wtf is wrong with you
Matrix224
OldUnreal Member

Post by Matrix224 »

O Leo, why so ronry

Also P.S. - If you're going to leave, just DO IT god damn you. Don't be like Moke used to be and quit like 5 times a week.
Last edited by Matrix224 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister_Prophet
OldUnreal Member

Post by Mister_Prophet »

Not sure about the other Firestorm beta testers, but I am currently going through each map with Turboman, making combat adjustments and rewritting the bulk of level logs for him, one level at a time. We are currently a little less than halfway through it. There are some rough edges he needs to tune outside of the stuff the two of us our collating on, but it's close.

A couple of things to consider:

1. The story only started getting reworked as recently as the last year, where many plot changes were added, requiring several new maps that Turboman punched out in 2009.

2. There have also been two new enemies included as recently as September/October, and many maps had to be reconsidered with their placement in mind.

gp
OldUnreal Member

Post by gp »

Not sure about the other Firestorm beta testers, but I am currently going through each map with Turboman, making combat adjustments and rewritting the bulk of level logs for him, one level at a time. We are currently a little less than halfway through it. There are some rough edges he needs to tune outside of the stuff the two of us our collating on, but it's close.

A couple of things to consider:

1. The story only started getting reworked as recently as the last year, where many plot changes were added, requiring several new maps that Turboman punched out in 2009.

2. There have also been two new enemies included as recently as September/October, and many maps had to be reconsidered with their placement in mind.
Very, very cool. I really appreciate all the work you guys have done, and continue to do, to ensure Firestorm's level of fun will be maximized. This is going to be awesome!
NaliSlayer
OldUnreal Member

Post by NaliSlayer »

i cant wait for Firestorm but,if residual decay and the chosen one also getting released this year,then im my year cant go any better (best 3 mods ever) means lots and lots of new SP game hours (got to beat everything on harderst difficult) anyway,how is it going now? slow/fast progress?
Last edited by NaliSlayer on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jet v4.3.5
OldUnreal Member

Post by Jet v4.3.5 »

Well, for RD, it seems that people working on The Chosen One had been or will be working on RD will soon be coming back to RD once TCO is released. RD has a multitude of work that needs to be done from what Prophet has said, but descriptions of some of those aspects are described in Shiv's Unreal Podcast, so RD might be released soon or later depending on the time constraints, bugs, and overall stages that each game aspect resides in. Firestorm is a special case seeing as how we are returning as Prisoner 8-4-9 on Na Pali, and because of that many old things are being brought back, except for some of the new stuff like the dragon and gremlins, plus weapons like the firewind, not too many things need to be reworked, reproduced, or made that would require too much testing and such. As for RD, Jones's story is a different case and the setting differences and times the pack is taking place requires new stuff, and Team Red Nemesis makes great stuff so new technology and gameplay will be incorporated as well, which in a few cases never hurts.
gruntkiller4000

Post by gruntkiller4000 »

hey guys
I was looking around for unreal mods and found this firestorm. I watched the trailers and it was awesome. I saw all of the cool screenshots for this mod! I can't wait for this mod to come out. It's actually been almost 2 years since the game was 99% done now. Is it released yet? :-?
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

hey guys
I was looking around for unreal mods and found this firestorm. I watched the trailers and it was awesome. I saw all of the cool screenshots for this mod! I can't wait for this mod to come out. It's actually been almost 2 years since the game was 99% done now. Is it released yet? :-?

It's still developing and beta testing. It's one of the greatest and biggest project to Unreal 1, so let's wait a little. You can also ask Turboman - he's on this forum also, but more active acount has got on UnrealSP. There is also a special site dedicated to Firestorm project.
Last edited by Dozey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

The beta I played from Jun 2010 was Insane. It really felt like a true Unreal sequel. Last time I checked, Turboman and Dots were discussing boss battles.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

The beta I played from fuckifiknow 2009 was Insane. It really felt like a true Unreal sequel. Last time I checked, Turboman and Dots were discussing boss battles.
Fixed for me, but yeah. I didn't play all the maps cause I didn't want to spoil it
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

When do you think it will be ready?
Anyway, I've got a suggestion for Unreal Firestorm: In the 96-98 eras of betas of Unreal I there is quite a good backstory, and some inspiring content. I think you could base some of the maps and content on these betas (like adding the Quadshot, Peacemaker, etc. to maps, adding a non-linear style gameplay and a hub system, adding reworked versions of, say, Soledad, Temple of Nexus, etc. like what was done with Return to Na Pali where they brought back Foundry and Bounds of Foundry, Nagomi Valley, etc.) and adding some thing in the storyline based on those of the betas, as well as the two books (which have a similar backstory), and that'll give a pretty good result.
Think that's a good idea?
Last edited by iLikeTheUDK on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

Not sure about the maps being finished, but the weapons are finished I think. The RTNP rocket launcher has been modified a bit along with the CAR. New ones like the flamethrower (Not it's actual name, I'd rather not spoil it) work really well too.
Last edited by Gizzy on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

Anyway, I also thought that you can also make an improved version of the Sniper Rifle, where it draws the scope out after the select anim ends. The scope will be in the middle if the weapon placement will be left or right.
iLikeTheUDK
OldUnreal Member

Post by iLikeTheUDK »

What's up with this mod? Didn't hear anything from it for a while now.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

It's still in development.

[img]http://www.klankaos.com/fsindev.png[/img]

Return to “Unreal Projects”