For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Forfeited Alliance

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Forfeited Alliance

Post by yrex . »

Platform: 225, UT (227 strongly recommended). May not work online.

ImageImage
ImageImage

You are a member of the same squad from the French Level Pack story, except you escaped to the Na Pali moon, now being taken care of by the atheist Nali living there (they are from the Unreal PSX story), however the military Nali group are not happy and are growing unsettled by your alliance, therefore they launch attack on the more peace-loving hippie Nali...and you. While making some alliances and still being in fight with the Skaarj.

Basically, a reimagination of the UT99 assault maps into a single player campaign. This demo includes two maps, start it from Frigate (the order may change in final version).

Known bugs: You can't load a save file from second map.

DOWNLOAD DEMO (mirror)
DOWNLOAD PATCH (mirror)
Last edited by yrex . on Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
subzer0
OldUnreal Member

Re: Forfeited Alliance

Post by subzer0 »

This was very enjoyable.
Very creative but very difficult to figure out where to go how to progress on certain parts.
Still couldnt finish the Frigate map.
As always your maps are very unique and satisfying also laughed my ass off seeing your take on a male and female Nali.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

Thank you.

Yeah, the Frigate is indeed too heavy on exploration, that was stupid of me. Hints: You have to go back and forth a few times using the motorboat. The least obvious step is probably that after getting the Translocator you have to get back to the first ruins (with Nalis next to a sign) and climb up a broken wall. You'll also have to use it in the submarine a few times. The rest should be kinda obvious. The copper key opens something made of copper. The lab card opens the only thing resembling a lab, and the Frigate Activation Key is used on... well... Frigate.

The Nalis were actually Leo's work.

A second demo is in progress...
Last edited by yrex . on Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

DOWNLOAD PATCH (mirror)

ASP-Frigate:
Changed Knives to MovableKnives that had bstatic true, due to crashes in 225 and other versions online. Changed offending actors that had no number in objectname, changed acordingly setmoonmesh...
Made translocator respawnable. Otherwise players had to boost up using weapons...and that wouldn't help them in submarine itself...

ASP-OceanFloor:
Knives to MovableOnes, that's it. Makes it basically playable in coop, though the teleporter puzzle is a bit more unfair there.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Keep your eyes peeled on 1st March.
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Awesome!
You guys extended the maps really good.
I'm looking forward for the whole project ;D
Unreal Alpha & Beta picture collection:
https://mega.nz/folder/elQjRQbC#FoFU4B8rIVl4LQP90-VBIw

"The years go by, but the search never ends"
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

DEMO 2 RELEASED!

ImageImage

Features:
- Three new maps and two old maps improved.
- Three original songs.
- Other cool stuff.

Start playing from ASP-StartDemo2.unr.

DOWNLOAD (mirror 1) (mirror 2)

The links in the original post are outdated, but I can't edit it.
Last edited by yrex . on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Truly amazing.
I liked the first map the most, the atmosphere is just right on.
The last section of Mazon is also one of my fav part. ;D
Good job!
Unreal Alpha & Beta picture collection:
https://mega.nz/folder/elQjRQbC#FoFU4B8rIVl4LQP90-VBIw

"The years go by, but the search never ends"
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

This is from time when I couldn't go back here yet so yrex posted the releases including that first patch (which was done entirely by me iirc).

I still wonder about the future of this though, if yrex will be interested to continue or if I should (after UPSX E2 full release) continue on this myself in form of an addon on top of demo2?? Because the other assault maps etc have a lot of potential that we still haven't seen used. Yes we have seen the train map (hispeed) elsewhere like in xidia but there's the fact that in some early version they used the blurred treeline textures instead that are found in the package that hispeed uses. And more usage of decayeds like in the 221 screenshot versions...but the most potential has imo the rook map, the oldest screenshots had skaarj statues like in skaarjtower...

Not to mention that hispeed2 was basically in Pariah or what was originally HiSpeed2. Also used for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Return to “Unreal Projects”