For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Jazz is in Unreal Tournament 1999(maps test)

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Jazz is in Unreal Tournament 1999(maps test)

Post by luke11685 »

Okay time has come to show you all multiplayer Unreal Tournament 1999 level maps in Jazz Jackrabbit 3D alpha public tech demo.

Here's the another level maps test.

I'm still keep testing level maps from ut99.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: Jazz is in Unreal Tournament 1999(maps test)

Post by Kajgue »

Yo Luke,

Good stuff, though just probably be aware I'm not sure if Epic Games (the owners of both franchises) will find a problem with somebody using official content outside of their desired products (in other products). I guess for testing purposes it's completely fine, but probably if you plan to make a project for Jazz3d you shouldn't use any official content from UT99 or Unreal.

I personally think it's really cool you've been able to add stuff to Jazz3d and get more of a taste for modding with it, though it probably wouldn't be a good idea from a legal standpoint to publish anything which is official content from U1 or UT (or even other Uengine games with their own terms and conditions), because Epic could find an issue with it. :(

It would be awesome to see you get the hang of the editor more and make some nice content for Jazz3d though, as long as the content is authentic :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Well usually people are not distributing level map mods from popular video games from 90's. It always stays freeware/open source,right? In case of open world/battle royale multiplayer shooters modding might end up with lawsuits I guess.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Unreal and Ut99 aren't freeware at the moment, or open source. :(

Though I'd really like to see some authentic content for Jazz3d from you.

How do you find your level creation skills are going? Getting more confident? :)

Most tutorials these days for beginners rely on navigating the Ued2 + interface, but I wonder if anybody knows the link to Wolfs old tutorials? They may help you get a better hang of using the editor to make your own content :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Well usually importing level maps from other Sonic games in Sonic Generations(stage mods) inspired me to start importing maps including Doom 2 mod Jazz is in Doom.

Return to “Unreal Projects”