For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal+UT server IpDrv modification

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal+UT server IpDrv modification

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Personally I'd only put effort into JGrass since xcoop is deathly deprecated, but we'd need to make the replication statements for mutate/clientmutate etc match up between UT, so it should be possible provided that the IpDrv is updated to send different files to UT.

This would fork JGrass though, but xcoop is old enough to not really care. In any case, the abilty to use any custom gametype would be awesome. Although I would rather have a choice between a few, as would other admins.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Also incase you didn't know, you can safely replace GameInfo class on runtime. So essentially JGrass gametype could have a template gameinfo class which only dynamically loads serverside gameinfo class and spawns it which replaces the template.
I did something similar in my server but with a ServerActors:

Code: Select all

Class CoopGameP extends CoopGame;

function PreBeginPlay()
{
      StartTime = 0;
      SetTimer(1.0, true);
}
function PostBeginPlay()
{
      GameReplicationInfo = Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo;
      AccessManager = Level.Game.AccessManager;
      GameRules = Level.Game.GameRules;
      BaseMutator = Level.Game.BaseMutator;
      ScoreBoardType = Level.Game.ScoreBoardType;
      HUDType = Level.Game.HUDType;
      Level.Game.Destroy();
      Level.Game = Self;
}
That way I can use my own game rules all server side.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
dante123

Post by dante123 »

Also incase you didn't know, you can safely replace GameInfo class on runtime. So essentially JGrass gametype could have a template gameinfo class which only dynamically loads serverside gameinfo class and spawns it which replaces the template.
I did something similar in my server but with a ServerActors:

Code: Select all

Class CoopGameP extends CoopGame;

function PreBeginPlay()
{
      StartTime = 0;
      SetTimer(1.0, true);
}
function PostBeginPlay()
{
      GameReplicationInfo = Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo;
      AccessManager = Level.Game.AccessManager;
      GameRules = Level.Game.GameRules;
      BaseMutator = Level.Game.BaseMutator;
      ScoreBoardType = Level.Game.ScoreBoardType;
      HUDType = Level.Game.HUDType;
      Level.Game.Destroy();
      Level.Game = Self;
}
That way I can use my own game rules all server side.
That's pretty cool. Did not know level.game could be safely changed at runtime. JGrass does something sort of like this in that the gameinfo dynamicloads 2 template classes each containing half the relevant function definitions and delegates to them, all serverside.
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rob-Bot »

Hey Cube, I think it'd be a great idea to look into Utrials aswell. UnrealTournament has a large bunnytracks playerbase and I've told them a lot about the gametype and the majority seem very interested. They're very fond of the boosting aspect being required for obstacles and the first, second, and third place server records. I'd be more than willingy to pay for a 24/7 server, aswell as possibly creating a site dedicated to Utrials. It would also put all those TR maps to use. Just throwing this out there for consideration.

P.S. You wouldn't happen to have the 'Mtextures' file anywhere for the TR-Mokantemple map would you? seems to be the only file I can't find.
Last edited by Rob-Bot on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
dante123

Post by dante123 »

Yup, BT is fun as hell. That's where I got the idea for UTrials. Also here's the file: [url=http://downloads.udhq.org/MTextures.utx]MTextures.utx[/url]

Edit: Late at night, didn't read everything totally the first time. That's cool that you know of some people that are interested in UTrials; since this is the thread about UT/U1 stuff... did you mean a UTrials server on UT99 or on U1 (or U1 and exposed to UT99?). Each of these paths has a somehwat different implentation path. Easiest would be UTrials server on UT99 or on U1 exposed solely to U1. I actually got my gametype stuff to run fine on UT99 so it looks just like Unreal, see [url=[/url]
Last edited by dante123 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rob-Bot »

Was trying to see if it would be possible on Unreal1 with the option of UT99 being able to join, so that way it would bring more online gameplay to unreal1. Although if it were released soley for UT it would still be a good thing because it would get the mod/maps more attention. As far as being soley for Unreal1; that seems to work fine, I actually hosted a server with Utrials for a couple weeks and it never crashed. I just ended up closing it because it had no traffic. And thanks for the file.
Last edited by Rob-Bot on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

I figure those interested in this mod, would also benefit from Loathsomes new mod

UT2U1 -Unreal Actors in UT games..... Alpha/Beta/Test
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4872

Dots, you may be particularly interested :D

Interestingly, this mod is also making the bots and monsters more deadly.
Last edited by Dr.Flay™ on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ßTÑH]Ðré
OldUnreal Member

Post by [ßTÑH]Ðré »

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but I keep getting server's version is outdated when trying to connect using UT436
x21
OldUnreal Member

Post by x21 »

Is this mod dead?
Rubie
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rubie »

Is this mod dead?
Nope :)

fact = 46.4.87.240:7777

greets,
Rubie
I have no signature :)
Rubie
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rubie »

A friend did ask me this :

In general, it's nice to write IpDrv modification in the Unreal + UT server topic, asking for an explanation of the mod's work (dll libraries). Maybe they’ll meet you as a tester [ch128519][ch128519][ch128519]

Greets,

Rubie
I have no signature :)

Return to “Unreal Projects”