For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Upak map Toxic

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Rubie
OldUnreal Member

Upak map Toxic

Post by Rubie »

Hello friends,

how can I fix with a .int file for the map TOXIC (upak ver. )

the mover (door ) that close after hitting a trigger that is in the map

I talk about mover0 that has TAG : " noreturn" and is commanded by Upak.GameTypetrigger0 and 1
this close the door and there are 3 playerstarts after it , problem = if you die and restart you are back on first playerstart and you are blocked to continue the game ???

can this be fixed with a .int file so I don't need to change the map itself.

Greets,

Rubie
I have no signature :)
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Re: Upak map Toxic

Post by Masterkent »

int files are used to modify localized properties. Since tags and events are not localized properties, I doubt that you can alter them by means of int files.

You can try to disable that mover with UMapMod using the following text in UMapMod.ini:

Code: Select all

[Toxic]
ModifyActor=(Name="Mover0",Params=("Tag="))
Note that Toxic.GameTypeTrigger0 is supposed to be disabled in multiplayer game, but your non-standard UPak uses an inappropriate "fix"

Code: Select all

class GameTypeTrigger expands Trigger;

var() class GameType[8];
var() bool bWorkingAsItShould; // This is here becouse this trigger is being missused on NaliC2 map. Set to true to make it functional.

function PreBeginPlay()
{
      local int i;
      local bool bRelevant;

Super.PreBeginPlay();

if( !bWorkingAsItShould )
            Return;
      bRelevant = False;
      for( i = 0; i < ArrayCount(GameType); i++ )
      {
            if( GameType[i] != None && ClassIsChildOf( Level.Game.Class, GameType[i] ) )
            {
                  bRelevant = True;
                  break;
            }
      }

if( !bRelevant )
      {
            // This trigger is not relevant to this game type
            SetCollision( False );
      }
}
which makes initially single-player only trigger enabled in Coop game...
Last edited by Masterkent on Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal Projects”