For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Codename Purgation - new mission pack

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Codename Purgation - new mission pack

Post by Dozey »

As I was absent for a while (ok, almost two years) - let me just introduce my work done yet guys here. Codename Purgation is a medium class mod/mission pack, containing new features as weapons, mission types and environment where player is set. It will be a "battlefield type" campaign, that is taking place on Na Pali between Skaarj and Humans (UMS mainly). About 50% of work I have done yet (for present day, at now while writing this post) and I expect to release about 12-15 new levels.
Here you go - my work done yet - it's just preview: mainly BSP with basic lighting, don't expect it is final form.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
For more: https://www.facebook.com/DozeysStudio
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Codename Purgation - new mission pack

Post by makemeunreal »

Wow. Nice. I hope you'll have this one released!
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

I hope it so ;)
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

I'm really sorry for sh!t quality. Next video will be ind high definition format.
p.s MESH'S NOT MINE.
Last edited by Dozey on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Wow! So much Unreal II. KEEP IT LIVIN'.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

That actually looks nice (except for the "unlit" shot), and the first screenshot reminds me of something I did in E1L8A for UPSX although the setup I made there is not finished and I basically placed an escapepod which can be triggered to launch up in the sky. Without the launchpad but I will add that too eventually.

I'm also glad you solved the gun issue. Did you get an animator in the end?
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

The unlit shots are showing geometry with static meshes. BSP is not rebuilded in lightning, static meshes shows it. Don't worry - it will be fixed soon.

To the guns - I found another solutions. We ripped ut2k4 models, and gave them qualities of standard U1 weapons. Now I am testing them - if they will be good enough in behaviour, then I'm gonna add them into mod.

Return to “Unreal Projects”