For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

INI's Dragons- updated(Released and done)

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

INI's Dragons- updated(Released and done)

Post by gopostal »

Ninja Edit to close the thread:
Dragons download: INIsDragons
Compileable source code: DragonSourceCode
Use any way you like.

This was my last 'unfinished' thing and it's been staring at me for a while now from my desktop. I had last week off but had to spend it not doing much because of stupid health issues. Anyway I spent some time refining the code, mostly working out the replication that refused to work and I think I've got everything stable and solid now.

I use a private server to test the dragons. Is anyone interested in taking a peek and seeing if I missed anything or you think it could be improved? I can link you an offline package to play a test map to see the dragons and then compare them with the online passworded server. This part is just exhausting and I very quickly run out of steam. These dragons are chock full of effects. Take the Nature Dragon for example: It constantly spawns little leaves that blow away off it's skin, it's wings have emitters that leave a trail. It fires a root ball at you that spawns a little oasis of nature (grass, butterflies, fireflies, etc) where it hits and there can even be dangerous creatures in it that can attack you. The Fire Dragon can set you and a lot of the map on fire and this fire can spread if it hits things like stacked boxes or trees that are close together. All of that was a beast to get right and I want to know it's good before I put this out.

Anyways I'll do a proper write up of the ini file this week (a little each day) and it will be ready for testing by the weekend. I'd hoped to make a cool map for the release but I think I just want to get these done so there's nothing I left unfinished. If you are interested in testing/feedback please let me know. All I ask is that you promise to delete the package because I don't want to rename it when I get done.
Last edited by gopostal on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Sat42
OldUnreal Member

Re: INI's Dragons- updated

Post by Sat42 »

The dragons, which we've been able to have a good hard look at thanks to the videos in the dedicated thread, are FREAKIN' AWESOME.

Period.

Oh,
and did I say that this is freakin' awesome? :D

Seriously, they are the best looking (big, sharp, slick, cool) creatures with the best special effects, and animations that are on-par with the best stuff that Unreal/UT has to offer. They will be used by mappers - that's just a question of when, not if.

As for your request for testers:
man, I would have loved to playtest and provide feedback but the sad (well OK, there are worse things!) truth is that I STILL haven't got my PC at my new home :(
yes I did go to my old place a couple of times during week-ends since April which, besides seeing friends and family over there, allowed me to map a bit (several hours), but someone fell seriously ill etc. meaning they couldn't come over to see me and bring the desktop PC (and I'm not buying a new PC, I'll just have to be patient until we can move my stuff to my new home)
So I'm sorry to say I can't volunteer for now.

I hope others will step forward, I would expect so.

gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

If anyone is interested I have nearly finalized the Dragons for release. I removed the password for the testing server so if you are interested in looking at them please be my guest (literally lol).

I have a few minor things to address but function very well for a peek play. There is only the demo map on the server so when you load into the hub just vote it.

BTW, don't shoot the Love Dragon. It's obvious but everyone keeps doing it anyway.
[img]http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/hippie-peace-sign-14942964.jpg[/img]
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

I'll check it out for sure!
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: INI's Dragons- updated(Released and done)

Post by gopostal »

Dragons are released as well as the source code for them. These guys are SUPER effects heavy so please use sparingly. They should be considered as boss type monsters and placed accordingly. Have fun with them, it was a blast working on each of those guys.

As an aside that will do it for me. My health is just at a point where I need to start deciding what to continue doing. It's time for me to put the compiler down and concentrate on RL things, as much as that really bothers me to do. I've had a great time and I thank all of you for the help and support.

If anyone needs me I idle from time to time in my teamspeak (71.11.73.50). Several groups now use my TS server so just look for me (Kelly) and poke me if I'm AFK. My voice is crud lately but I'll reply if I'm around even if it is text. Please don't PM me any longer via these or any other UForum as I'll likely not see it to respond. Best to email me or chat me up. Peace my brothers!

Return to “Unreal Projects”