For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[227i+] UT map packs for Unreal

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

[227i+] UT map packs for Unreal

Post by .:..: »

I will try to post in this thread UT map packs that can be run in 227i (or later versions) using a specific setup.

Step 1: Install 227i.
Step 2: Download BotPack compiled for 227: www.klankaos.com/downloads/BotPack.rar
- For multiplayer online compatibility you also should download update version of the voicepacks (which are marked as downloadable for other clients): www.klankaos.com/downloads/BotPackVoices.rar
Step 3: Link paths to UT folders by editing Unreal.ini and add following lines (though you need to set them point to your UT directory):
Paths=D:\UnrealTournament\System\*.u
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Maps\*.unr
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Music\*.umx
Step 4: Download OldSkool for Unreal 227: [url]http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/UOldSkool.rar[/url]
Now you are ready to play some UT in Unreal.

The following map packs should work: I haven't tested more different map packs, but if you want to request more then go ahead.
Last edited by .:..: on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Re: [227i+] UT map packs for Unreal

Post by Shivaxi »

This sounds awesome. However, there is no oldskool.u included in your link for the 227 oldskool version. I havent tried yet, but Jet says none of the ut mappacks u posted are working as its asking for oldskool.u

ill try later when i get home from work monday
Image  Image
OldUnreal Member

Whoops, updated the link now to include that.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

Log: 2275110.1ms Loading: Package NP13DrPest
Log: 2275172.1ms Loading: Package UTMenu
Log: 2275219.0ms Loading: Package UTServerAdmin
Log: Failed import: StrProperty StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'UTServerAdmin': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'UTMenu': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'NP13DrPest': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
OldUnreal Member

Ah forgot about that map, it used some UTMenu textures for some tablets. I solved that by saving the textures out of it only. So once again I updated the UOldSkool.rar file to contain that.

Hope that's all this time around.
(ಠ_ಠ)
NaPaliShore
OldUnreal Member

Post by NaPaliShore »

The following map packs should work:
  • Nali Chronicles
    Needs modified System file too: NCCodes.rar
    URL: NCIntro?Game=NaliChronicles.NCGameCoop
  • The Last Fortress
    You need modified map file: TheLastFortressFinal.rar
    URL: TheLastFortressFinal?Game=UnrealShare.CoopGame
This is all quite amazing!

I thought Nali Chronicles could only be played in Single Player - I didn't realize there was a coop gametype available for it! 

Would that coop gametype (from KlanKaos's NCCode.rar fle) work under regular UT with Oldskool Amp'd?  Or does it only work with the new UOldskool under 227i?  (I'd be interested to try it in both types of configuration.)

Also, I was wondering what kinds of modifications were made to the map of The Last Fortress that is found on KlanKaos's website - that is, how is it different from the version of the map that we can download from oldunreal.com/maps/utsingle/?

Thanks so much!
OldUnreal Member

Would that coop gametype (from KlanKaos's NCCode.rar fle) work under regular UT with Oldskool Amp'd?  Or does it only work with the new UOldskool under 227i?  (I'd be interested to try it in both types of configuration.)
Yeah I had to rework alot of the codework on the NC to work on coop. But no it wouldn't directly work in UT as it uses some Unreal codes that wont exactly work very well in UT multiplayer, although with some small work it could be made work in UT too.
Also, I was wondering what kinds of modifications were made to the map of The Last Fortress that is found on KlanKaos's website - that is, how is it different from the version of the map that we can download from oldunreal.com/maps/utsingle/?
There were this artillery weapon embedded in level that caused missing function/variable error on load so I had to rewrite it a bit.
(ಠ_ಠ)
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Why are all the unreal weapons inverted like a mirror image of the mesh in your version of TheLastFortressFinal? And aren't we supposed to start with UT weapons on that map? not unreal weps?
Image  Image
Jet v4.3.5
OldUnreal Member

Post by Jet v4.3.5 »

This looks like it's been a huge effort, and I just want to say that this is INCREDIBLY cool. It's nice to finally have something like this available; with the potential cross-platform projects on the horizon from Mister Prophet and Co., plus those from other people and teams, this will certainly be fantastic for people who might want to play these packs but who haven't yet or won't because of the previous UT dependencies. Having the option myself of playing what were UT-exclusive SP packs running in the Unreal game built specifically for single player is a solution to a rupture that took place back when Oldskool came out and most developers were using what was at the time a better option for their packs. Great work on this, .:..:'s!

I do have a few technical issues to help you out with debugging and improvement of your converted packages, plus a few extra questions:
  • ONP Foostep Sounds package doesn't seem to be working in Operation Na Pali. I always found the custom texture-based footstep sounds in the three big packs (ONP, Xidia, and Seven Bullets) to add a nice touch to the aesthetics of each pack, but I'm not sure whether or not their lack of functionality was intended or simply a result of conversion (or could it possibly be reinstated through 227's footstep function?) If they could be put back in in some way, that's the way I would want to have it, but to your discretion.
  • Deja Vu gives me this error when attempting to start the first level:

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'UMS': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'USP-DejaScripts': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'usp-01-hellscrag': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
    Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
  • Oldskool's configuration menus are inaccessible in 227 Unreal. Things like Autotaunt are enabled by default it seems, and in levels like TLF, they can be quite annoying. This also extends to the customization of Botpack's settings, as the ability to change the player's voice pack is currently nill.
  • One other thing related to the Botpack you're building this on top of in regards to the enhanced effects of some of the weapons: most if not all of these should be a configurable effect in a menu somewhere. One thing I'm noticing is that some of the effects appearing in the SP packs, namely the pulse gun in ONP, look a bit odd to me and to others with the new effects, but are nonetheless interesting to have available. I'm wondering if being able to switch between them for each weapon would be possible and if you think you would want to do it.
  • If you're planning on maintaining and improving upon these packages, I'm curious if you have any plans for converting Xidia and Seven Bullets's native code packages to make them available, they being two of the larger and more serious packs made for Unreal single player (with a sequel I might add). There are many features within Xidia's package(s) that are essentially copies from olextras.u for ONP, and Seven Bullets's package(s) include similar if not identical classes, plus other scripts and enhancements exclusive to the mod.
So yeah, this is already quite functional from what I've played, and I'm enjoying a proper replay of ONP thanks to your efforts.  :)
Why are all the unreal weapons inverted like a mirror image of the mesh in your version of TheLastFortressFinal?  And aren't we supposed to start with UT weapons on that map?  not unreal weps?
The weapons -I suppose they might be the Oldskool classes of U1's weapons- have always been Unreal's in TLF. The only extra weapon is the mortar-like launcher that the player and some of the enemies use. I'm not entirely sure why the weapons show up the way they do, but that's a good bug to note.

Post by Age »

[*]One other thing related to the Botpack you're building this on top of in regards to the enhanced effects of some of the weapons: most if not all of these should be a configurable effect in a menu somewhere.
Agreed. There should be way to have original UT weapons with their original effects.

Mirrored weapon bug seems to come from this:
TournamentWeapon.uc

simulated final function vector CalcDrawOffsetClient( int Hand )
{
      local vector DrawOffset, WeaponBob;
      local Pawn PawnOwner;

PawnOwner = Pawn(Owner);
      if( PawnOwner==None )
            return Location;
      if( Hand==0 )
      {
            DrawOffset.X = Default.PlayerViewOffset.X * 0.88;
            DrawOffset.Y = -0.2 * Default.PlayerViewOffset.Y;
            DrawOffset.Z = Default.PlayerViewOffset.Z * 1.12;
            DrawScale3D.Y = 1.f;
      }
      else
      {
            DrawOffset = Default.PlayerViewOffset;
            DrawOffset.Y*=Hand;
            if( RightHandedModel==None )
                  DrawScale3D.Y = Hand;
      }
      DrawOffset = (DrawOffset >> PawnOwner.ViewRotation);
      DrawOffset += (PawnOwner.EyeHeight * vect(0,0,1));
      WeaponBob = BobDamping * PawnOwner.WalkBob;
      WeaponBob.Z = (0.45 + 0.55 * BobDamping) * PawnOwner.WalkBob.Z;
      DrawOffset += WeaponBob;
      return DrawOffset;
}
fix:

Also noticed that SniperRifle is misplaced by few units.
fix (SniperRifle.uc):

Errors:
USP-03-Naveed-LH

Log: Failed import: FloatProperty FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-03-Naveed-LH': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza

Log: Failed import: StrProperty StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'UTServerAdmin': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'UTMenu': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
USP-16-MrProphet

Warning: Failed to load 'BlackDawn': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-16-MrProphet': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
Last edited by Age on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Yeah I'm not a fan of the new "enchancements" to the converted Botpack. I'd rather play the original way it was meant to be. It is a port afterall :P An option to turn off the extras would be nice.
Image  Image
Captain_Clark

Post by Captain_Clark »

I think there should also be an option for the changing of spell books in NC too, as the walkbutton+spellcastbutton+move mouse is not very practical, and I don't really like it to be honest :/
OldUnreal Member

I think there should also be an option for the changing of spell books in NC too, as the walkbutton+spellcastbutton+move mouse is not very practical, and I don't really like it to be honest :/
The reason I made it like that is because in coop some random people might drop in and don't know of any of the required keybindings for spells, so at least this gives them a chance to change spells without too much hassle (I hate mods that require custom keybindings to be playable more than anything).
(ಠ_ಠ)
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

The reason I made it like that is because in coop some random people might drop in and don't know of any of the required keybindings for spells, so at least this gives them a chance to change spells without too much hassle (I hate mods that require custom keybindings to be playable more than anything).
Yeah but it wasn't your mod.  You shouldn't go around changing things just because you don't like it.  It's not the way the original creator meant it to be, and not everyone shares your opinion.  This is exactly what you did with Botpack and its annoying -_-  You did this even worse with your Upak "fix"...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
Last edited by Shivaxi on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  Image
Captain_Clark

Post by Captain_Clark »

Like I said before, you should make these changes options so people can decide whether or not they want them.
"The reason I made it like that is because in coop some random people might drop in and don't know of any of the required keybindings for spells, so at least this gives them a chance to change spells without too much hassle (I hate mods that require custom keybindings to be playable more than anything). "
You say that not having custom keybinds is easier, and yet you make a complicated keybind to change spells... Plus the one you have made is not at all practical during fights.
For example:
Your Armour is running out in the middle of a fight but you are on the wrong spellbook, changing would not only slow you down (as the keybind includes the "walk" key) but it will also obscure your screen as it appears I large right in the centre.
Some people may like it, but I just find it plain annoying. I may as well just play these packs in UT: I would rather choose fun gameplay over fancy-pants 227 enhancements anyday.
SZ

PS-
Could someone please do something about the AI in 227, because of the changes, many sequences in ONP (basically the whole of "Prisoned") are completely broken.
Cheers.
OldUnreal Member

It is my conversion and I do it the way I like.
Could someone please do something about the AI in 227, because of the changes, many sequences in ONP (basically the whole of "Prisoned") are completely broken.
Cheers.
In Unreal.ini, change:
[Engine.GameInfo]
bAlwaysEnhancedSightCheck=false
That makes so AI is startled from seeing player through invisible and transparent surfaces.
Last edited by .:..: on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(ಠ_ಠ)
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

It is my conversion and I do it the way I like.
Really? Several people just kindly asked for you to make your additions an option instead of forced, and this is your response? And yes, its a "Conversion", not a "mod"...and not YOUR mod either. We asked politely and you respond like a child.

"It's my conversion and I'll do it the way I like it" This is the reason why we have 50 different RTNP conversions. Because nobody can just do it right the first time. Everyone has to change around everything, things that shouldn't be there in the first place. Why can't we just have a stock straight up conversion?

If you won't do this, then I or somebody else will, and then we'll get lots of version mismatches in the future, yay! -_-
Image  Image
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

If you won't do this, then I or somebody else will, and then we'll get lots of version mismatches in the future, yay! -_-
Oh well. I really don't like your "HD" weapons since they don't really capture the original feel. I would be fine if they were just HD reskins and effects similar to the originals, but they're over the top {and were FPS-annihilating at one point} and actually obscure vision.

But that's the way you like it, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

Although, about the spellcasting thing, there's not a whole lot you can do for the usability vs retaining old crap thing. On one hand, I don't know many people who even know how to use that thing, and there wouldn't be people online to teach people, so for there to be a UI would be immensely helpful.

tl;dr: you win and lose both ways.
Examples? It's possible that UT has things implemented that U1 does not and they're broken explicitly by it not being UT, not incidentally, as in a bug introduced in 227. If the SightCheck thing doesn't fix it, report in.
Mister_Prophet
OldUnreal Member

Post by Mister_Prophet »

Correct me if I'm wrong, Shivaxi's HD weapon mod is...well it's a mod. This is to be a conversion of other people's campaigns, yes? That in itself is a feat that will require testing, so I would think the priority would be to simply get them to run properly, preferably to how they did in UT? None of the campaigns mentioned here are flawless anyway and Nali Chronicles, for its merit, divides players anyway when it comes to how combat is handled. I guess I just think...the task is already taxing, right? Whose asking to modify features?
Last edited by Mister_Prophet on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Clark

Post by Captain_Clark »

The Sight Check thing has fixed it. Part of the problem is in the map itself, with the fact that the pawns at the beginning of Prisoned have their attitude to player set to HATE rather than IGNORE.
"But that's the way you like it, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it."
You could just not get it ;)

"Although, about the spellcasting thing, there's not a whole lot you can do for the usability vs retaining old crap thing. On one hand, I don't know many people who even know how to use that thing, and there wouldn't be people online to teach people, so for there to be a UI would be immensely helpful."
I really don't see what everyone's problem is... what's wrong with keeping the original keybinds? That's how Eater intended it to be done, so that should be deafault. If you don't like it that way, then make a setting to toggle it to your beloved UI interface!!
Also, about the problem with teaching people keybinds, how about you just make a translator message or something along those lines that tells new players the keybinds and how to set them? Is that so hard?
I despair...
SZ
Last edited by Captain_Clark on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Several problems with Dots' pulse gun beam effects...its too fast compared to the original (ironic since before it was way too slow a long time ago when he first made this), it doesnt have as much range as the original effect, and the sound is quieter and sounds muffled.

Other problems include half of the weapons being inverted...which idk how the hell he managed that. The meshes themselves are fine as far as I can tell. It wasn't like this in the old BotPack. The Chainsaw is also broken on the secondary fire. Plus the animations for the PulseGun and UT_EightBall are a bit broken as well.

I made a simple toggle to turn off the 227 pulse gun effects and 227 trail effects that dots' added on PulseGun and FlakCannon.

http://shivaxi.com/unreal/downloads/BotPack%20Shiv.zip

Took me about 10 minutes. This is just an example of what is should look like...its not that hard. Toggles are in Advanced Options under BotPack.
Image  Image
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Correct me if I'm wrong, Shivaxi's HD weapon mod is...well it's a mod.
I wrote my post with that in mind. "HD" by the dictionary would be "High Definition", and not a re-imagining with relatively overkill effects.

If it was called say, Unreal 1 Weapons now with Crazy Emitters I'd be ok with that.
Also, about the problem with teaching people keybinds, how about you just make a translator message or something along those lines that tells new players the keybinds and how to set them? Is that so hard?
It is when there's actually a sizable amount of people who can't speak english very well. There's actually some maps that I've recently found that are amazingly detailed, but the language isn't in english so I don't really know what's going on. A 100% GUI lets players who can't even understand any language {theoretically} as to what anything does

This is basically the same debate as damned if you do and damned if you don't. Sorta reminds me of how people used ultra shadows and then blamed us for themselves using the FPS-annihilating setting, though in hindsight we should have put in a dialog that says "you're crazy".

tl;dr what really matters is that the shit actually works. I'd never play any UT map packs purely because they're on UT. what's better, playing something, or not playing something at all?
OldUnreal Member

Well fine, I will keep these mods private since everyone becomes a bitch about it.

I guess the community isn't just ready for this.

@Shitaxi: I planned to do that next version of botpack already (I am just waiting for 227j release so I can make use of more features from that), but you don't need to tell me the same thing 50 times over and over again.

The option to disable new FX for botpack also makes it beg the question: why would you play UT in Unreal then and not UT if it were exactly the same?
Last edited by .:..: on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(ಠ_ಠ)
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I will try to post in this thread UT map packs that can be run in 227i (or later versions) using a specific setup.

Step 1: Install 227i.
Step 2: Download BotPack compiled for 227:
  - For multiplayer online compatibility you also should download update version of the voicepacks (which are marked as downloadable for other clients):
Step 3: Link paths to UT folders by editing Unreal.ini and add following lines (though you need to set them point to your UT directory):
Paths=D:\UnrealTournament\System\*.u
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Maps\*.unr
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\..\UnrealTournament\Music\*.umx
Step 4: Download OldSkool for Unreal 227:
Now you are ready to play some UT in Unreal.

The following map packs should work: I haven't tested more different map packs, but if you want to request more then go ahead.
Quite interesting, however, I don't see any download links to your suggested files:

[olist][*]Download BotPack compiled for 227
[*]OldSkool for Unreal 227
[/olist]

Would you be so kind to provide me with these links?
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Quite interesting, however, I don't see any download links to your suggested files:

[olist][*]Download BotPack compiled for 227
[*]OldSkool for Unreal 227
[/olist]

Would you be so kind to provide me with these links?
The post above yours says that Dots removed them.

I don't think that's a smart move, Dots. Having something, even if not completely default, is better than having nothing at all. Although I'm still not convinced about the legal status of Botpack for Unreal...

Return to “Unreal Projects”