For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

BSP Tool

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

BSP Tool

Post by yrex . »

The BSP Tool allows to see some internals of how BSP works. It also allows to fix certain less serious types of BSP holes.

It can:
- remove insta-kill BSP holes (a.k.a. void)
- fix most of "brown polygons", i.e. the invisible polygons with wrong zones, usually in semisolids
- fix small parts of geometry disappearing when near edges of screen or partially obscured
- fix big sections of map disappearing

It can't:
- fix collision problems
- fix zone leaks

I didn't test this too much, because I couldn't find enough BSP-holey maps, but on the small sample tested it seemed to work.

DOWNLOAD
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: BSP Tool

Post by Leo T_C_K »

you already made this a month ago or something though didn't you? Did you update it since? It was helpful for jackhonda to fix some of the upsx maps better.

i remember playing around with it, removing all void is funny though especially when ghosting...

i suppose you haven't gotten around to posting a thread about it then though
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Re: BSP Tool

Post by yrex . »

Small update:
- Added more thorough "brown poly" removal
- Added "Open with..." and drag&drop support
- Made the interface easier and faster to use

DOWNLOAD

EDIT: 256th post. How fitting.

Return to “Unreal Projects”