For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Quack Quack (DEMO) The "MYOWNTAKE" on Quake's 25th anniversary - in Unreal

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Quack Quack (DEMO) The "MYOWNTAKE" on Quake's 25th anniversary - in Unreal

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Given that I have to be out on the 12th and practically be homeless again, this might be the last release I'll ever do for all I know or before the apocalypse truly happens.

download

From the readme:

As I stated here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10206
I might as well start my own Quake's 25th Anniversary Celeberation...in Unreal...

Making it the 25.5th anniversary of sorts.

This level serves as a demo to a pack that will probably never come out as whole even though I selected a number of levels from quake and its various addons for conversions/remakes in Unreal that would have a funny/meme feel to all of them.

Apart from UnQuadshot.u and UPSXMon2.u which should be included in this archive (I am not packing it as currently I cannot access the mchine I worked this on) this requires also wepstunb which you should download separately based on whether you run Unreal or UT:
viewtopic.php?p=99226#p99226
viewtopic.php?p=99244#p99244 - patch for the UT version, highly recommended

Story:

"So you're the BASED SAVIOR RANDY PITCHFORK the absolute MADMAN that single HANDEDEDLY SAVED HUMANITY from destruction by evil CORPATON FORCES. But it's not enough. On the Quake's 25th anniversary the world goes mad and there's only one hope left, so RANDY PLUGS HIMSELF INTO THE MATRIX and starts to fight while being halfway into his real REALM DIMENSION OF TERROR WAITS FOR YOU (TM) WORLD!
Its TIME TO KISS SOME ICE
Maybe you'll meet some familiar faces on the way.
"

Mod by Leo, this demo map originally converted from q!zone first deathmatch episode map by bsp2t3d. Retextured by Leo, finished up by JackHonda even though the map was almost complete a series of RL events prevented me from finishing it and accesing the machine, so there you go.

JackHonda was also responsible for supplying me with the "spoilers" guy's sprite (i wanted to modify his script further so it would feel more unique but decided to just keep it a subclass of the shadow pawn from upsxmon2) and he also made that edited banner picture and placed it on the map during the finish up period.
He retextured some of the chairs I didn't have time to and supplied new movers to the map (at the time I was busy with replacing the ones badly converted from quake) and more ambientsounds.

After "episode -1" aka endoftheworld this is another april fools like map. I think in general there are very little of those for Unreal, I only remember people like dustin making funny stuff recently. Nothing compared to the amount of satire/terry maps for Doom LOL

Also included are some bits from my archiveofourown fanfics.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/LeoTC ... oTCK/works

- Leo

Quote from original thread:

"
So of course the new expansion is an answer to that mentality. I wish that mentality never existed in the first place because now that new thing is "canon" despite none of the original developers coming back...unlike the hated by many 20th anniversary world tour duke nukem 3d episode called Alien World Order. Why do people bitch so much about new content, especially if that content happens to be compatible with pld stuff even? I mean it, I tried it and there's no problem you just have to watch out to not copy over the microphone graphic for the voiced commentary feature which will not work outside of that edition...but its...like...
my god...Randy Pitchford is A SAVIOR!!!!!! YES!! AAAAAAAAAA.

He got probably many of the original 3drealms/apogee people out of depts by getting the Duke stuff over, yes they never released Duke Enormous Tool afaik and made some shitty decisions, yes...but he's still a savior..compared to all this.

Yes, I will make a new Unreal pack in cooperation with few dudes called "QUACK QUACK" that will feature RANDY PITCHFORK THE SAVIOR as the main hero....just you wait....just you wait....

YOU ENTER THE REALM OF TERROR TERROR OF TERROR AWAITS YOU.

* note: I meant to say old in that thread, not pld, that was unintentional "tyop" compared to the ones I write in the fanfic parody stories which this map also contains.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: Quack Quack (DEMO) The "MYOWNTAKE" on Quake's 25th anniversary - in Unreal

Post by Victor Delacroix »

I'll try packing it up for you in an hour or so.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:31 pm I'll try packing it up for you in an hour or so.
Packing what up? If you mean this, jackhonda did so already, as in prepared the release from everything i sent him and finished the map up for demo release. Or you mean the quake episode? I can't really use the windows machine now anymore because it is now packed up since the flat downstairs is only being used by my mom until the 12th and then she moves up here permanently while stopping to pay for the stuff downstairs altogether. So there's no way I can use it in the meantime. So please don't do any unnecesary work right now. There are so many urgent things now that require priority...
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

https://anonfiles.com/96aaC7Mau8/QuackStartDemo-CPL_rar

WepStunB included. I don't have a UnQuadshot.u for UT, so that's not in SystemUT...
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:45 pm https://anonfiles.com/96aaC7Mau8/QuackStartDemo-CPL_rar

WepStunB included. I don't have a UnQuadshot.u for UT, so that's not in SystemUT...
Ah, that. Well I didn't want the file size to be even bigger for a small demo, so it seemed better to just post download links for the wepstunb than including it in both ut and unreal versions. JackHonda wanted to include it actually but it seemed extraneous to me since this is not a full pack unlike the unreal psx stuff. Thanks either way,
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:51 pm
Victor Delacroix wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:45 pm https://anonfiles.com/96aaC7Mau8/QuackStartDemo-CPL_rar

Ah, that. Well I didn't want the file size to be even bigger for a small demo, so it seemed better to just post download links for the wepstunb than including it in both ut and unreal versions. JackHonda wanted to include it actually but it seemed extraneous to me since this is not a full pack unlike the unreal psx stuff. Thanks either way,
All dependencies to a map should be included, ideally.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I never made UT version of unquadshot. I only made unautomag and unflamegun because of Episode 0 release. It didn't have the quadshot.

Maybe if things work out well for me I will still make it in the future or for this pack especially if I make the rest of the planned maps (i planned it as a short episode each map with different "meme" and stuff).

If not, I would be ok if someone else makes the ut version instead of me.

Return to “Unreal Projects”