For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

EXP1.UNR,EXP2.UNR,EXP3.UNR,EXP4.UNR Teleporter isn't working on Unreal Editor 1

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

EXP1.UNR,EXP2.UNR,EXP3.UNR,EXP4.UNR Teleporter isn't working on Unreal Editor 1

Post by luke11685 »

Was this one of these maps like according to tutorial training,practing,learning still(I guess so),excersizes as far as I remember. I couldn't make teleporter working. Even if it's old and outdated game engine speaking of Unreal Engine 1998(estimate of circa anno domini of year of 1999/2000)it should be working somehow right?
Anyway should it go here in Unreal Projects or Usermaps? Speaking of brand new look updated interface of for this Old Unreal Forum.
Testing Simple Custom Level Maps for Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Tech Demo(estimate circa Anno Domini of years of 1999/2000;2018-2021(EXP1,2,3&4.UNR)Part 1 & 2(splitted into multiple parts). I made this maps 2 years ago.
It looks like I cannot share these links in Jazz2Online Steam Community because these were removed today.
Wanna try testing,enjoying playing these level maps guys?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5pz1auh ... 1.unr/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ovxt12v6 ... 2.unr/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6fgkqcsq ... 3.unr/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6fraga75 ... 4.unr/file
If I have admin tools there does it mean I'm an admin too?

I'm not allowed to extract 3D models & 3d animations assets from Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Tech Demo to models-resource.com/vg-resource.com. Administrators banned me there permanently. What a deja vu. Thanks guys it looks someone made a backup for me. It looks like I already upload these multiple maps before.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: EXP1.UNR,EXP2.UNR,EXP3.UNR,EXP4.UNR Teleporter isn't working on Unreal Editor 1

Post by luke11685 »

I switched to Google Drive because I ran out free space in Mediafire.

I would have to buy digital package bundle for larger files expansion pack transfer of database.

Paying for premium account.
It looks like I cannot add 3D models/add files to attachments label.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: EXP1.UNR,EXP2.UNR,EXP3.UNR,EXP4.UNR Teleporter isn't working on Unreal Editor 1

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Never pay for premium accounts.

My personal approach is to create free e-mail accounts on some burner site (I use the Polish Onet.pl mostly) and set up MEGA accounts. Each MEGA account that is free, has 20 GB of space for the user. I have like 40 of them now.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I guess since circa anno domini of year estimate of 2017 new FCC Chairman Ajit Pai controversial actions to decentralize(anti-netneutrality) internet network in USA. Such as just like for instance as an example in China and North Korea(possibly Russia is planning it too maybe including ISIS). Will it affect europe and entire whole globe all countries on planet Earth in the future even? Oh okay well. Thanks I'll keep it in mind. Same for One Drive. You have to pay to expand digital hard drive.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:57 pm Never pay for premium accounts.

My personal approach is to create free e-mail accounts on some burner site (I use the Polish Onet.pl mostly) and set up MEGA accounts. Each MEGA account that is free, has 20 GB of space for the user. I have like 40 of them now.
Why not?
Even in case of Adobe software products?
Like computer piracy?
Last edited by luke11685 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

File hosting isn't the same as subscription-based graphics software. Why are you confusing these things?

You know, I honestly thought for a second that due to your interest in Jazz3D we _might_ have common interests for a time, and might plan something.

But then you post something that is genuinely confusing as if on purpose.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:13 am File hosting isn't the same as subscription-based graphics software. Why are you confusing these things?

You know, I honestly thought for a second that due to your interest in Jazz3D we _might_ have common interests for a time, and might plan something.

Yeah I guess there are two different things. I guess my mindblowing commented text post speech disallowed you verbally(not metaphorically-reverse psychology). I'm afraid you didn't understand me.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Why shouldn't I pay for premium file hostages? Is it something else like digital banner of some network internet provider?
I guess it's not my concern.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I suppose there are always more alternatives. But what did you mean with teleporter not working? Regular telepoerter or end teleporter? I see you created two threads about that.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:09 pm I suppose there are always more alternatives. But what did you mean with teleporter not working? Regular telepoerter or end teleporter? I see you created two threads about that.
Yeah and one of them was closed. Perhaps due to post duplication?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

So what do you want to do with that teleporter then? Teleporters work with tag and URL. URL is where you want it to go, into another teleported that has tag filled in, tag is to name it so that it knows where its supposed to go or if to trigger it to disable/enable it.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 pm So what do you want to do with that teleporter then? Teleporters work with tag and URL. URL is where you want it to go, into another teleported that has tag filled in, tag is to name it so that it knows where its supposed to go or if to trigger it to disable/enable it.
I think from first area to another one.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:13 am File hosting isn't the same as subscription-based graphics software. Why are you confusing these things?

Well I just only have multiple ideas for modding never finished,unreleased in the past Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Tech Demo(cancelled in the past)(Jazz Jackrabbit Advance in 3D,Jazz Jackrabbit 1 in 3D(by using Unreal 1995 Tech Demo),Jazz Jackrabbit 2 in 3D. I just don't know where,what and how should I start it. I have no C++ programming language skills,yet. Should I mod Nerf Arena Blast,Rayman 2(with gun shooting projectile missiles),Unreal Gold or Unreal Tournament?
I'm so much glad to know that we share the same thoughts and interests.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

If its a teleporter within a level then just do what I told you. Though you should later also rebuild paths when working with teleporters, paths define in the third rebuilder tab. Otherwise crashes can occur with AI.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

It's just that fact that some files were missing during running time Jazz3DEd.exe sometimes.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

luke11685 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:50 pm

It's just that fact that some files were missing during running time Jazz3DEd.exe sometimes.
That's now what he was talking about though. He seemed to be getting annoyed at the file hosting problem and you wanting to pay for some subsription.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:24 pm If its a teleporter within a level then just do what I told you. Though you should later also rebuild paths when working with teleporters, paths define in the third rebuilder tab. Otherwise crashes can occur with AI.
It's gonna take for while showing you which area I want to select for teleportation. I had to download right threed.ocx. I learned thanks to you guys(no ironic,sarcasm,no reverse phychology,no tricks here). I thought(originally intended to make brand new thread about not properly working Unreal Editor of Jazz3DEd.exe,but I decided to not make more mess here I had made here in the past. No personal regrets for me.
However my younger brother tried this method from that link(possibly some sort of broken or at least only partially)something with cmd.exe.
I wouldn't recommend it download it there myself.
https://www.ocxme.com/getfile.php?file= ... 91a77c49dd
https://www.dll-files.com/download/157b ... p0ZGg4UT09
I have no idea how I found it. I just thought it might be useful to bug report unofficial fanmade tech support.
It seems even if Jazz Jackrabbit 3 would never be cancelled it seems even JJ3D Tech Demo got some sort of another level editor,but not being quite stable I tried it myself today few minutes ago. It seems it doesn't it specific level editor.
Did you ever missed such files in another cancelled Unreal Engine 1 PC games before guys?
Don't download it guys even right there. I wrote this comment to help the others solving such problems in the present and the future.
http://www.dll-found.com/comctl32.dll_download.html

I guess this was a method which didn't work for him.
It looks like it's quite problematic to find right file to be working properly guys.
Sometimes it helps to run some .exe file or files "Running as Administrator".

I don't trust ocxme website download links they might be broken(not working properly guys) I'm testing right now what's working and what's not.
https://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-fi ... e_vignette
Maybe I can become Old Unreal Forums Troubleshooter.
https://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-fi ... e_vignette
At least my activity will become part of digital history.
http://www.dll-found.com/comdlg32.ocx_download.html
It's quite problematic issues especially for cancelled pc game exclusives.
https://itstillworks.com/update-activex ... 10393.html
I'm not sure if that's working on Notepad(not Visual Studio like it was written). Was it written in ASCII programming language errors? I'm just making some researches.
https://originaldll.com/download/7690.ocx
New thread isn't worth it.
It's finally working. I'm just having my ups and downs guys. Rises and Falls.
Was UED1(very old outdated game engine) user Skywolf's unofficial portal level design tutorial documentaries about teleportations? Speaking of that excersises named EXP3.UNR and EXP4.UNR?
From Area A to Area B.
Retro nostalgic stuff.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Is that because you "erased" everything before? Like reinstalling windows etc or formatting drive? THe quickest solution is always the uedfix4, in this case installing it wouldn't hurt but you got it working now anyways. But I told you how to do the teleporters, its simple really and yes there were tutorials around on this and should still be ones, but if you'd actually played with it yourself you'd probably start figuring things out or look at unreal maps as examples how its done. That's how I learned things and didn't rely on tutorials because some tutorials might make you stuck doing something in certain way. Just look at teleporter properties at any unreal maps that use them actively, chizra level comes first to mind with that portal that teleports you. Or the ExtremeLab level is very notable for teleporters.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:01 am Is that because you "erased" everything before? Like reinstalling windows etc or formatting drive? THe quickest solution is always the uedfix4, in this case installing it wouldn't hurt but you got it working now anyways. But I told you how to do the teleporters, its simple really and yes there were tutorials around on this and should still be ones, but if you'd actually played with it yourself you'd probably start figuring things out or look at unreal maps as examples how its done. That's how I learned things and didn't rely on tutorials because some tutorials might make you stuck doing something in certain way. Just look at teleporter properties at any unreal maps that use them actively, chizra level comes first to mind with that portal that teleports you. Or the ExtremeLab level is very notable for teleporters.
I had my doubts,but I had felt with determined motivation.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

But really, its simple, always URL -> Tag (of another teleporter). URL is in the Teleporters tab of defaultproperties when you right click on the teleporter and Tag is in Events.

Return to “Unreal Projects”