For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[WIP] Codename: Alys - Unreal 227 project

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Rikia
OldUnreal Member

[WIP] Codename: Alys - Unreal 227 project

Post by Rikia »

I decided that time is up to let people know about my Unreal 227 first-person shooter project that I'm still developing.

The project's universe name is Kitsune which based on the main character name - Fox.

The point of my idea is a showing the perfect society in my vision. This is a society where leads an ideology, called Millerism. This ideology helped the humanity to combine the Second Industrial Revolution ideas with the Digital Revolution ideas, and with the world technology development control helped the humanity to start exploring the space much earlier than it could be without it, and as for other important target of ideology - it's saved the human usefulness on the level of 20th century - the golden time of human history.

But everything is not that simple, because the life of that society is a violent ecosystem which stability is probably based on some secret conspiracy.

In this story will be also raised the questions about meaning of life and humanity mistakes.

The idea was inspired by George Orwell's "1984" and Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" novels and current society problems.
The aesthetics of this world were inspired by Japanese OVA's such as AIC "Bubblegum Crisis" and Madhouse "Cyber City Oedo 808", and of course by the Unreal games universe.

The main idea is formed and the other details are forming up. I am the author of idea.

Current photos of the project:
ktsn1304-1.png
ktsn1304-2.jpg
ktsn1304-3.jpg
Credits:
Rikia - The Project Idea, Level Design
SteadZ - UT99 Skeleton Import
Bungie West - Oni Model Parts
Epic Games - Unreal
OldUnreal Community - 227 Patch

Post page on UT99 forums: https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14527
Rikia