For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unded 1

Ask UnrealEd 1 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
spysmily1

Unded 1

Post by spysmily1 »

I'm using the Unded 1 editor for Undying. Some of the textures don't load when creating a new map. Even when trying to load them manually, they don't show up.

Whenever I load an already made map, I do get extra textures. I believe only if the level used the textures do they show up though. I haven't fully tested this but I have loaded a few maps and it seems to be the case that if the map is using it they show up.

How do I always make these available? Thanks for any help ahead of time. I've been a fan of this site since early on and thought I had a registered account but had to create a new one.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unded 1

Post by BobIsUnreal »

i actauly just tried to open up some textures , and it loads the package , then shows nothing at all in the texture browser  despite it seemingly opening the file.

did it fully open The file ? i cant tell becuase the log file does not show package loading ... ugh !
i cant launch the old editor becuase all the missing dlls in win7
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Try loading the texture package out of the texture browser. This should give you the missing textures. This is actually a common UnrealEd problem to just load the referenced textures and not the whole package.

The Human Head guys actually added a PrecachePackage feature to their EditorEngine to force load the load of specified packages so they always show up.

Installing unrealedfix4.exe (to a random directory) usually solves the missing files for UnrealEd 1 issues.

Last edited by han on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
spysmily1

Post by spysmily1 »

I tried loading by the texture browser first and nothing happens. If I change the name of the package to something like aaa.utx then I can load it. I can't load them with the default name. Only if I load a default map will it load the textures with their default names. As another note, I can't load default maps unless I change their name too. I'm guessing this is to protect changing them because they are part of the game.

Another question is, can I decide what textures load when I startup UndEd?

Revised: So I found out the problem was the length of the path. This is a GOG install and the path is extremely long (C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\Clive Barkers Undying). I ended up realizing that in certain directories aa.utx would work but if an extra letter was added it wouldn't work. This goes for maps too. I ended up copying the whole undying directory to c:\ and it now works for everything. I can load any map with default names and any texture package with default names.
Last edited by spysmily1 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version  226”