For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Editor, how to permernly change weapon trates

Ask UnrealEd 1 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
redgrape501
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Editor, how to permernly change weapon trates

Post by redgrape501 »

you face off a brute and afuer you kill it you wonder "God what if I wanted my Automag to fire the same projectiles as the brute it woule be 72 times more powerful it can even gat up a woodpekcer into gibbits and that woodpecker can gat me with the chnged Automag" but you bring this up "but how do I keep it?"
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Unreal Editor, how to permernly change weapon trates

Post by Smirftsch »

[movedhere] Unreal General Forum Smirftsch.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

you can subclass the weapon, then use the subclassed weapon with modified defaults in your map and save everything either into a separate package or if you want to keep it all in one, into MyLevel.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

This one is pretty easy to do.

For primary fire all you need to do is set bInstantHit false, and the projectileclass to bruteprojectile and you're done. (This does not work for altfire, you need to edit code)

This can be done in game with a bind, too, so you don't need to use a mod; but its not permanent.
redgrape501
OldUnreal Member

Post by redgrape501 »

and how do I make sure it fires the same projectile when i go from level to level
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

for that you need would have to edit each single level you want to have it, or better, a mod which changes the weapon at each levelstart
http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scripting_/_Modding might be a place to start and here are some tutorials http://www.oldunreal.com/editing.html - I guess everything needed is covered there.

Last edited by Smirftsch on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version  226”