For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Proscribed Paths for weapons

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Teromen
OldUnreal Member

Proscribed Paths for weapons

Post by Teromen »

Does anyone know how to exclude weapons from path nodes? I tried setting a tag but I must have done it wrong :(

I set the group of the weapon to the proscribed-path of the path-node. I must be using the wrong thing to tag/name the weapon. I also tried the weapons unique name.

The only thing I can think of is using a invisible collision cylinder or mesh to block paths.

Edit: A Block-All with everything but path-collision disabled seems to work in the editor at least. But there must be a better way to do this. Any ideas anyone?

Just to say... Man I appreciate the work they have done on this 227 update. These paths options are very nice.
Last edited by Teromen on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: Proscribed Paths for weapons

Post by .:..: »

In 227j I added a variable to inventory: bNoInventoryMarker, setting that one to true in there will exclude the pickup from navigation network.
But for 227I you'll have to use BlockAll or so.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”