For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

D3D11 + sheets + distance fog + editor

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
PeterOostrik
OldUnreal Member

D3D11 + sheets + distance fog + editor

Post by PeterOostrik »

So I just installed de d3d11 driver, I am making a single player map using UnrealEd2.1 in Unreal Gold with the HD textures. My invisible decoration sheets or visible now ( depends if distance fog is on), but in de Editor I can't select D3D 11 either (only in game).
1. A way to get D3D11 in the Editor viewports?
2. A way to make the sheets invisible again, with distance fog on ?

Or just stick to D3D9 ?
The way life for a leveldesigner is one without pathnodes...
PeterOostrik
OldUnreal Member

Re: D3D11 + sheets + distance fog + editor

Post by PeterOostrik »

I switched to D3d9 again, works better for me, need my distance fog ;-)
The way life for a leveldesigner is one without pathnodes...
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: D3D11 + sheets + distance fog + editor

Post by Kajgue »

Heya Peter,

Sorry for not seeing this message sooner, have been a bit AWOL from here for a while.

I personally use either XOpengl or Opengl, i've never tried using D3d11 for game or editor :O But it's good to hear you were able to get some solution. :)

Looking forward to seeing your sp map! :D
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”