For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Elevator mover trigger

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Barking Carrot
OldUnreal Member

Elevator mover trigger

Post by Barking Carrot »

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to mapping with unreal editor 2.1 and I've run into an issue. I'm trying to set a trigger that when a player enters the collision zone, the elevator activates. I have a trigger for a door that works perfectly fine and normal, however I can't seem to get this trigger to activate the elevator. I've tried setting the tag and the event to the same name, and a red line is drawn from the trigger to the elevator, however nothing happens when I enter the collision zone. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. The elevator activates when I step on it, but not from the trigger.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Re: Elevator mover trigger

Post by Masterkent »

Make sure that mover's InitialState is set to TriggerOpenTimed.
Barking Carrot
OldUnreal Member

Re: Elevator mover trigger

Post by Barking Carrot »

Thank you masterkent, I changed the initial state and it worked. :)

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”