For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Skybox Hall of Mirrors

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Shadow_Code
OldUnreal Member

Skybox Hall of Mirrors

Post by Shadow_Code »

Getting a HOM effect for a skybox. Geometry for this map is not particularly complex. I don't think it's a BSP issue, but it always could be. What are the possible reasons a skybox will create a HOM effect when viewed through fake backdrop surfaces?
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Re: Skybox Hall of Mirrors

Post by Krull0r »

I have this issue sometimes too by touching the original maps.

They usually have two skyboxes and sometimes when I deleted both and added my own I had the same problem.

I guess I fixed it by deleting all SkyBoxInfo. Rebuilding and saving the map, closing the editor and open it again and placing a new SkyBoxInfo.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Maybe, just maybe, I can help you.
I created a level with an octagonal temple outside. The octagonal environment also. What happens you say happens. If you have octagonal structures try replacing them with something that resembles us. Only with these structures, I detect this problem.

Ciao.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

The only time I get this is when I have grouped my skybox, then forget to tick it back on when I rebuild my map ie. there's no skybox.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Some time ago, I also had some errors like that, Do you know how I solved the problem? I went to Velora and I reviewed all the options. Excuse me for these indications, but in the end what does it cost to take a ride A velora?
Toni-m.
Shadow_Code
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shadow_Code »

I have this issue sometimes too by touching the original maps.

They usually have two skyboxes and sometimes when I deleted both and added my own I had the same problem.

I guess I fixed it by deleting all SkyBoxInfo. Rebuilding and saving the map, closing the editor and open it again and placing a new SkyBoxInfo.
This worked. Thanks.

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”