For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mouse drift

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Owlakki

Mouse drift

Post by Owlakki »

I noticed a bug with UnrealEd where my if I stopped moving my mouse, some of the time it would just continuously drift in that direction. It would occur in every viewport but would be most noticeable in the 3D viewport.

This seemed to only occur on my modern Windows 10 PC. On my old Windows XP computer this did not occur.
ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mouse drift

Post by ExpEM »

This is usually a problem with your laser mouse, check that you don't have any hair or dust around the diode also, try a different surface as a mouse pad. Wooden surfaces such as desks or tables can refract the laser oddly causing the creeping pointer etc.
-Finding new ways to break the engine since 1872.
Owlakki

Post by Owlakki »

This is usually a problem with your laser mouse, check that you don't have any hair or dust around the diode also, try a different surface as a mouse pad. Wooden surfaces such as desks or tables can refract the laser oddly causing the creeping pointer etc. 
I don't think it's a hardware issue. It only occurs with UnrealEd and not any other application.

It also varies on which version of UnrealEd I'm using. A good example is UnrealED 3 for UT2k4 doesn't have this behavior. The level editor for Rune does have this behavior until I run it in Windows XP compatibility mode.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Post by dustinechoes849 »

Try changing the 3D viewport's renderer.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

@Dustin

That may have something to do with it, because the zoom within opengl mode seems to be inaccurate to the mouse location. Maybe Ued is getting mixed up with where the mouse is in the viewport due to the alternate zooms' (just recalled i should also mention that as something to fix for 227j, though I sortof wanted to give Smirftsch some free time since he hasn't had very much of it lately) :P
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, any real solution?
AlexNitro44
OldUnreal Member

Post by AlexNitro44 »

I haven't had the issue it the viewports, but it happens for me with the 2D shape editor dialog boxes - whenever one is on screen, moving the mouse over the main 2D shape editor window is laggy, as if it were on ice. I've only recently started having the issue on the main toolbar at the left of the window, though it is nowhere near as noticeable.

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”