For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Editor Crashing on Lighting Rebuild

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Captain_Clark

Editor Crashing on Lighting Rebuild

Post by Captain_Clark »

Hi there, I'm currently experiencing difficulties with rebuilding the lighting in a map I'm working on - I think the problem may lie with static meshes though I'm not sure.

Here's a screenshot of the error message:
[img][/img]

Thanks in advance!

SZ
Last edited by Captain_Clark on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Re: Editor Crashing on Lighting Rebuild

Post by Krull0r »

Did you try to export and reimport your map in to a clean level?

Often this will work.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

maps with alot of static meshes tend to crash during lighting rebuilds, so that may well be "the cuase" so to speak
Captain_Clark

Post by Captain_Clark »

Exporting and re-importing worked :D

Thanks for the help guys!

SZ

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”