For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UnrealEd 2.1 for Unreal Tournament?

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
LDinos
OldUnreal Member

UnrealEd 2.1 for Unreal Tournament?

Post by LDinos »

I am pretty new here, I downloaded 2.1 for Unreal Gold and it worked perfectly but how can I use it for UT? Thanks a lot, you guys do a great job at keeping my nostalgia alive
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: UnrealEd 2.1 for Unreal Tournament?

Post by Hellkeeper »

UnrealEd 2.1 cannot be used for Unreal Tournament. UnrealEd is deeply rooted in the engine and cannot just be copied as is for another game.
However, UnrealEd 2.1 is pretty much a fixed and enhanced version of UnrealEd 2.0, the one used in UT (if you patched UT99), so you shouldn't lack much features. You might experience a couple more crashes and you'll be stuck with Software rendering for the 3d viewports, but that's it.

Maps made in Unreal with UnrealEd 2.1 are compatible with UT and UnrealEd 2.0 as long as you do not use Unreal 227-specific actors in your map. Generic Unreal maps (226 and before) can be use in UT, the game will even replace Unreal items with UT99 ones. But you cannot use 227-specific features (such as emitters, static-meshes, weather effects and so one) as UT will be unable to process them and the map will not be usable in UT.

In short, you can make a map in UnrealEd 2.1 and then open it in UnrealEd 2.0 for UT to add weapons, items, etc.
You must construct additional pylons.
LDinos
OldUnreal Member

Post by LDinos »

Good to know! I wanted to see if I could somehow move this version to the UT directory, so I could be able to use its textures aswell, but I will do my best at making it in the Unreal directory and then changing the texture in Unreal Editor 2.0
Thanks!
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

You can use the textures from UT in Unreal, simply copy/paste the texture packages from your UT folder to your Unreal one, and that way you can skip the texture replacing part.
LDinos
OldUnreal Member

Post by LDinos »

Cool, are ALL Unreal's textures used in UT by the way? Like, ALL of them?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

All of them.

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”