For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

How to export model with attached weapon ?

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
SkaarjRPG
OldUnreal Member

How to export model with attached weapon ?

Post by SkaarjRPG »

Unrealed 2.1 I believe, I have a for example, ash male model, and how do I attach weapon so it can be extracted as one model
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: How to export model with attached weapon ?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I don't think its that simple. In theory you could try something crazy like converting it to a brush (via the static mesh options), both models, merge them together as one brush, convert into staticmesh, then export that and slightly mess with it, import into u3dbinread and make it use the regular mesh animations (even though that might not work for the weapon animation and it might just float in the air instead or be corrupted but it could be tried).

Another option and probably much more simpler is to to do it in an actual 3d modelling program. I wish that there were tools made for unreal only without having to use robust programs, to actually combine meshes togethr and such and smoothen it all, but alas not really possible. One way could be first making it a skeletal mesh then converting back etc which probably could solve the weapon issue...

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”