For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

How I do a custom menu in Unreal 1(Gold)/UE1 and float logo + console log, like Prey 1998

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
TheCompaqDaveGuy

How I do a custom menu in Unreal 1(Gold)/UE1 and float logo + console log, like Prey 1998

Post by TheCompaqDaveGuy »

I make those days a map pack, one after one. and I want to do the coolest menu choices, even game over menu. Like this video:

How I start doing it in Unreal Gold, ready script, a DL of the right custom menu??
Last edited by TheCompaqDaveGuy on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: How I do a custom menu in Unreal 1(Gold)/UE1 and float logo + console log, like Prey 1998

Post by BobIsUnreal »

the short answer , what you see is actually just a autoplay map itself..
the animated bits are either movers or models.
you utilize either key press hooks or the players"yaw" or rotation to navigate the "menus" that you draw onto the prayers HUD via post render.
every part of what i just mentioned is complex to implement. 

if you want the console to draw over the top, you have to modify all the appropriate draw calls and stuff much deeper in ubrowserconsole or umenu code to tell is how to represent that data.

Postal2 for the unreal engine 2 uses a map for its menu.
if you have that game take a look at it, but note that the game engine is very differnt and tailered to making htat work smootly
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCompaqDaveGuy

Re: How I do a custom menu in Unreal 1(Gold)/UE1 and float logo + console log, like Prey 1998

Post by TheCompaqDaveGuy »

Yap. It's the most hard to me to this complex coding and inpleting stuff, 2 -> 100% like. Even I know how to modeling and mapping on UE1. But there's a mod that included something like that to U1???
Last edited by TheCompaqDaveGuy on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UScript Board”