For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Cross-server data transmission

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Cross-server data transmission

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

I have a very inconvenient way of Cross-server talk where I send over a large string between servers, but the string seems to be too large. I don't want to cut it up because I want all the data processed in the same tick. Does anyone have an idea how I could approach this?
I'm using function UDPLink.SendText to send the string.
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaden Darchon (Pcube)
OldUnreal Member

Re: Cross-server data transmission

Post by Jaden Darchon (Pcube) »

HEY GUYS, CAptain MINIGAMING here,

Would spawning multiple UDPLinks on different ports work? Then you could parallelize the data by the # of links. Packetize the data with a sequence number in each packet and you can reassemble it at the receiving end.

Return to “UScript Board”