For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Native class collision problem (UE2)

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
Leon0628

Native class collision problem (UE2)

Post by Leon0628 »

Not sure if this is the right forum since this is a rather specific issue with a game that nobody is really interested in modding (Star Wars Republic Commando) but I've run into a problem which I just don't understand at all and maybe somebody can help me.

I don't really expect anybody to know the exact cause but maybe someone is familiar with the engine and could point me towards a possible solution.

I managed to create native classes that have functions that I can call from UnrealScript and vice versa. That works flawless without any problems. However, when I enable collision on my native actor that's where the problem occurs: The location of the collision cylinder is always negative the location of the actor. It looks like this if I move it around in the editor:

Strangely the collision works fine when bumping into the actor ingame which lead me to believe that it is just a visual error in the editor. But it isn't. If I create a native pawn and it is moving it teleports to the location where the collision cylinder shows up in the editor. I tried to simply invert 'ColLocation' but it doesn't have any effect.

I'm using a heavily modified version of the UT99 headers. I used the ucc to generate the class definition for the game's native classes like actor, pawn, etc... so that they are the exact same as in UnrealScript and I made sure that all the vtables for the different classes are correct.

This is just weird and at this point I don't really know what to do  :(

Edit:
Fixed it. It was in fact a vtable issue. The following two functions were defined in the wrong order:

Code: Select all

virtual FMatrix LocalToWorld() const;
      virtual FMatrix WorldToLocal() const;
Last edited by Leon0628 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UScript Board”