For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

A few questions regarding accessibility

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
Lympho_
OldUnreal Member

A few questions regarding accessibility

Post by Lympho_ »

Hello :)

I am making semi-native console modification (and yes, I know headers have been changed) and I have a few advanced questions.

I wonder, if there is any way to prevent function calls on object directed from another classes (I need to make a native C++ function REALLY inaccessible for other classes, including ExecFunctionStr)

Is there any way to prevent reverse engineering, to extent of preventing other classes to change variables in said class? [I suspect I can put variables in C++, if point 1. works]

Can I prevent also changing inherited variables (TypedStr in my case) or [in case point 2. is possible] do I have to make a new variable?

Thanks in advance. :)
han
Global Moderator

Re: A few questions regarding accessibility

Post by han »

I am making semi-native console modification (and yes, I know headers have been changed) and I have a few advanced questions.
Smirftsch gives away 227 headers, so just drop him a line. And in general you should probably consult with him about additional hardening ideas, and not try to add things in as an afterthought...
I wonder, if there is any way to prevent function calls on object directed from another classes (I need to make a native C++ function REALLY inaccessible for other classes, including ExecFunctionStr)
Basically all native functions are just stored inside a global array. One can always easily replace elements of this. I use this in Revision to some degree.

Code: Select all

void ReplaceNative( INT NativeId, Native Func )
{
      guard(ReplaceNative);
      check(Func);
      check(NativeId>=0&&NativeId
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Lympho_
OldUnreal Member

Re: A few questions regarding accessibility

Post by Lympho_ »

Thank you very much for your reply. I've contacted Smirftsch, waiting for reply from him :)

Return to “UScript Board”