For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Is it possible to marquee like scroll text that is too large in width to fit a area?

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Is it possible to marquee like scroll text that is too large in width to fit a area?

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

If you ever used Winamp or some other media player that scrolls the title around as it cannot fully fit in the area drawn, you'll understand what I mean here.

I know there's functions to return a certain amount of characters from the left or right of the string as well as the middle, is this enough functionality to beable to perform what I want to do here?
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Is it possible to marquee like scroll text that is too large in width to fit a area?

Post by BobIsUnreal »

begin:
title = " NOW PLAYING - \"HAPPY GROOVE\" - BY SOFTWARE -";

timer:
myChar = String.Left(title, 1);
title = String.Right(title, (String.Length(title)-1));
title = title..myChar;
titleText = String.Left(title, 20);
title = titleText;

need to play with this slightly , its not in uscript

スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Re: Is it possible to marquee like scroll text that is too large in width to fit a area?

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

I think I understand this now, thanks.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Setting OrgX/OrgY/ClipX/ClipY on Canvas and drawing the string twice with DrawTextClipped should also work.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

Canvas Clipping sounds like a interesting method too, isn't that how the Translator text is contained?

Return to “UScript Board”