For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

227j - Decals are not saved when saving the game

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
Reborn
OldUnreal Member

227j - Decals are not saved when saving the game

Post by Reborn »

227j - Decals are not saved when saving the game...
Is this an unrealscript problem, or native code?
Can I create a decal that will be saved when the game is saved?
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Re: 227j - Decals are not saved when saving the game

Post by Masterkent »

As far as I can see, in 227j, existing decals are saved and loaded, but they are not attached to respective surfaces when loading. This issue is fixed in 227k. Perhaps, a fix for 227j is possible: you need to handle map loading by means of PostLoadGame and call AttachToSurface() on every decal (this might cause some unexpected behavior in case if there are decals that were detached on purpose).
Reborn
OldUnreal Member

Re: 227j - Decals are not saved when saving the game

Post by Reborn »

Masterkent wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:13 am As far as I can see, in 227j, existing decals are saved and loaded, but they are not attached to respective surfaces when loading. This issue is fixed in 227k. Perhaps, a fix for 227j is possible: you need to handle map loading by means of PostLoadGame and call AttachToSurface() on every decal (this might cause some unexpected behavior in case if there are decals that were detached on purpose).
Thank you, this method works.

Return to “UScript Board”