For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

animation crashes game?!

Questions and tools for modelling.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

animation crashes game?!

Post by dustinechoes849 »

I'm having a strange issue I'm in need of help with.

Here's the model:
The model looks as if its been flipped + has some weird black lines around her neck

The animation plays once in the meshes window, then I get this:

thanks!!!
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Re: animation crashes game?!

Post by Krull0r »

It seems that the uv coordinates are messed up around the neck. Did you changed some playgones of the model?
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Post by dustinechoes849 »

It seems that the uv coordinates are messed up around the neck. Did you changed some playgones of the model?
Nope, and in milkshape it looks fine! o_O
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Just came across this, I have seen these mesh problems related to milkshape use with masterunreal's project. Its best to fix them in unst afterwards or i can recommend yrex's tool instead or anything else. Milkshape is terribly outdated in general. Hell even meshmaker did something like this after converting and I had to fix it manually.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Looks to me like 2 problems:
1: UV map isn't fit into one tile, so it wraps around on her neck.
2: Your #exec ANIM SEQUENCE in your import code has too many frames compared to actual mesh, so it crashes when it tries to play those animation frames that overflows.

Return to “Modelling”