For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

U3D: A good tool for converting OBJ models into .3D

Questions and tools for modelling.
Gustavo6046(BR)
OldUnreal Member

U3D: A good tool for converting OBJ models into .3D

Post by Gustavo6046(BR) »

I have recently found out of a tool that I was looking for for very long: U3D (which I really hope I can distribute here, since I don't want to do anything other than good). I'm sure many of you were also looking for a way to convert .obj animations exported from Blender into .3d files for Unreal! So, why not rejoice? :)

I only want to help, so please don't think I'm posting this for some bad reason. If you already know about the tool, or if I misunderstood something, please let me know.

Gustavo
han
Global Moderator

Re: U3D: A good tool for converting OBJ models into .3D

Post by han »

Actually Skywolf wrote a *.3d exporter plugin for Blender:
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1490136781
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Gustavo6046(BR)
OldUnreal Member

Re: U3D: A good tool for converting OBJ models into .3D

Post by Gustavo6046(BR) »

I have tried to do the plugin too. Result: valid, but heavily distorted meshes. I have also done a succesful brush exporter.

Return to “Modelling”