For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Importing Deus Ex Sec. Camera/Computer Terminal

Questions and tools for modelling.
LannFyre
OldUnreal Member

Importing Deus Ex Sec. Camera/Computer Terminal

Post by LannFyre »

I want to import the Deus Ex Security camera (the little white ball that pans around) and the community computer terminals (the tall, gray ones) into Unreal Gold. So far I have textures for both ripped as well as their scripts (below). I also have the _a.3d and _d.3d files for both. How can I get these into my mod?

Code: Select all

class SecurityCamera extends Electronics;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=SecurityCamera ANIVFILE=MODELS\SecurityCamera_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\SecurityCamera_d.3d
#exec MESH LODPARAMS MESH=SecurityCamera HYSTERESIS=0.00 STRENGTH=1.00 MINVERTS=10.00 MORPH=0.30 ZDISP=0.00
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=SecurityCamera X=0.00 Y=0.00 Z=0.00 YAW=0.00 ROLL=64.00 PITCH=0.00

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=SecurityCamera SEQ=All       STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=SecurityCamera SEQ=Still     STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=SecurityCameraTex1 FILE=SecurityCameraTex1.PCX GROUP=Skins
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=SecurityCameraTex1 FILE=SecurityCameraTex1.PCX GROUP=Skins
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=PinkMaskTex.utx PACKAGE=DeusExItems.Skins
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=SecurityCameraTex2 FILE=SecurityCameraTex2.PCX GROUP=Skins

#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=SecurityCamera NUM=0 TEXTURE=SecurityCameraTex1
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=SecurityCamera NUM=1 TEXTURE=SecurityCameraTex1
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=SecurityCamera NUM=2 TEXTURE=DeusExItems.Skins.PinkMaskTex
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=SecurityCamera NUM=3 TEXTURE=SecurityCameraTex2

#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=SecurityCamera X=0.00 Y=0.00 Z=0.00

Code: Select all

//=============================================================================
// ComputerPublic.
//=============================================================================
class ComputerPublic extends TournamentPlayer;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=ComputerPublic ANIVFILE=MODELS\ComputerPublic_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\ComputerPublic_d.3d
#exec MESH LODPARAMS MESH=ComputerPublic HYSTERESIS=0.00 STRENGTH=1.00 MINVERTS=10.00 MORPH=0.30 ZDISP=0.00
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=ComputerPublic X=0.00 Y=0.00 Z=0.00 YAW=0.00 ROLL=64.00 PITCH=0.00

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=ComputerPublic SEQ=All       STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=5
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=ComputerPublic SEQ=Still     STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=ComputerPublic SEQ=Activate  STARTFRAME=1 NUMFRAMES=2 RATE=3.00
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=ComputerPublic SEQ=Deactivate STARTFRAME=3 NUMFRAMES=2 RATE=3.00

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=ComputerPublicTex1 FILE=ComputerPublicTex1.PCX GROUP=Skins

#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=ComputerPublic NUM=0 TEXTURE=ComputerPublicTex1

#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=ComputerPublic X=0.00 Y=0.00 Z=0.00
i tryin'a be a gud boi
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Importing Deus Ex Sec. Camera/Computer Terminal

Post by gopostal »

Change the parent class to decoration for now to get them imported. Put everything into your mod and compile. You'll have to debug the error messages if there are any. You'll also need to set up some default properties or your models will be invisible. After that everything else is scripting.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
han
Global Moderator

Re: Importing Deus Ex Sec. Camera/Computer Terminal

Post by han »

Keep in mind that Deus Ex uses a slightly altered James Mesh format with a higher vertex coordinate precission.

But there was some converter for this I think.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.

Return to “Modelling”