For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Can't figure out how to make Vertex Animations in Blender for 3ds2unr.

Questions and tools for modelling.
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Can't figure out how to make Vertex Animations in Blender for 3ds2unr.

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

Is this even possible to do? I tried making multiple objects like what would I presume happens when you do "Snapshot" in 3dstudio but it just sees it as "1 frame". I try giving each of the "frames" their own material then I get:

Code: Select all

3ds2unr V1.00 17-Mar-98
Copyright (C) 1998 Legend Entertainment Co.  All Rights Reserved.
Still.3ds: imported 1 frame
Cannon.3ds: # map coords != # vertices read
So what do I do? Do I really need a old 3dsmax to even accomplish something so simple?

Can anybody with some spare time please help me animate this because I'm seriously at a loss...
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

Re: Can't figure out how to make Vertex Animations in Blender for 3ds2unr.

Post by Skywolf »

There is old topic at UnrealSP that had some info about this.

Here is it [url]http://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3659[/url]. Last post has a step-by-step tutorial to how to work with 3ds2unr when using Blender. Never tried it myself though but it's your best shot.
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).

Return to “Modelling”