For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

How can I texture my static mesh correctly? (XIII - 2003 - Unknown UE2 version)

Questions and tools for modelling.
Uzublecker

How can I texture my static mesh correctly? (XIII - 2003 - Unknown UE2 version)

Post by Uzublecker »

Hi!

I just found an ASI addon for blender, after a little task I did that model but after adding the static mesh into the editor and paste a texture it looks weird. Even in Blender I did the texture correctly. Do I have to mark the texture uv bounds in Blender? Do I have to do it manually in the editor (ugh) How even the guys back then made it?

Thanks in advance. thx

Image (Blender preview)

Other detail
*Since the retail XIII doesn't provide static mesh modding I'm using an old build from 2002. there I imported the ASI. After that I just opened the package in the retail version where it is without problems (with the exception of the texture)
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: How can I texture my static mesh correctly? (XIII - 2003 - Unknown UE2 version)

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I would check the U/V values directly from an exported model, in unreal engine 1 I think the values were clamped quite low (-128 through 128?)
Uzublecker

Re: How can I texture my static mesh correctly? (XIII - 2003 - Unknown UE2 version)

Post by Uzublecker »

I fixed it time ago. I just needed to put these red lines to limit the texture uv and place it correctly. After do the process of importing the ASI and convert it into a static mesh (2002 build) I can now use it into the retail version.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Where did this old build come from?

Return to “Modelling”